Music Choice Channels Sound dropping out
Top-Jimmy

Figured I would try to save some people the hell I've been thru with this .....

Many people are having issues with the Cisco set top boxes with DVR's concerning the Music Choice Channels sound dropping out.  (search these forums and the internet)  It happens for those who have their boxes hooked up with a HDMI cable or an optic cable for sound.  For some unknown reason, their is no setting (via secret menu) in the Cisco Boxes which are present in the Motorola which allow you to change the HDMI setting to L PCM.  When this setting is changed in the Motorola boxes, it all works great !

2 weeks of multiple calls, one visit to a brick and mortar Verizon store and three tech calls later .... All fixed.  I had to threaten cancellation before they would change out my box even though I explained to them the solutions popping up online.  The tech who put in the new box was even being told by his tech dept that he was "wasting his time" and "it won't work".  Low and behold it's all set now !

Love the Fios picture !  Love the Fios internet speed !   Love the sound quality (now) ! Now if they could only work on the customer service part and actually training their people on the equipment they service and sell we would be all set.   Should not have been even remotely this hard !  

0 Likes
Re: Music Choice Channels Sound dropping out
Bsomename

Thank you for this! I've been having the sound drop off for some time now and my box (Cisco) has even stopped responding to my remote at times. I guess I'll be getting a new box.

0 Likes