Music Skips on Music Choice Station
yorkiegirl12
Enthusiast - Level 1

First I hate On Demand!  Had Comcast for 14 years never had a problem or frustration with navigating.  Next.  Music Choice station I've listened to since it became available on Comcast (well over 5 years) and the music always played smoothly, without any glitches.  Not so on FIOS.  I listen almost exclusively to "Easy Listening" and every song has "skips" in it.  Like the old needle on a phonograph record when it skips.  PLEASE AT LEAST FIX THIS!!!  You don't seem to want to do anything about On Demand.

0 Likes
Re: Music Skips on Music Choice Station
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you provide more details as to On Deman issues.

I use it from time to time and don't have an issue.

As for Music Choice channel, is that the only channel that has an issue?

Is it on more than one STB?

0 Likes
yorkiegirl12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response to my question and comments.  The Music Channel problems were explained to me by a technician who came to the house to see what was going on.  It appears FIOS automatically makes you watch/listen to this channel through On Demand.  It does it automatically after you sekect the numerical channel.  (You see the "loading"  word then the spinning wheel, the music selection currently playing then changes and boom, you're in the On Demand mode.  Tech said to press "exit" twice and it will allow you to go back to "regular" Music Choice programming which is not through On Demand.  This works on all my TVs now, but it is still yet another frustration with FIOS and I pay handsomely for this inconvenience.  Verizon fix this problem, and while you're at it, make On Demand more efficient with less clicks to get to where you want.

0 Likes
pghsambo

Mine does exactly the same.  I hate music choice on demand,

0 Likes
Frustrated_Too
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sorry to say that after 6 years since your original post, Vios has not solved this problem.  

1842fave

still does that. 3 years after your post. Verizon is replacing my STB but since it’s a known pervasive problem I doubt STB replacement will resolve the Music Choice music skipping problem. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes