Mute and volume buttons on remote
Dumbo1

All the buttons work on my remotes except for the mute and volume up and down buttons. Does this mean I just need new remotes? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mute and volume buttons on remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bevotex wrote:

I did as you suggested but after “settings” mine goes to “audio & video” then “audio” and I have none of the options described. I just don’t seem to have the same options. 

please help if you can. 

Menu>settings>Voice control>Fios voice remote>program voice remote>reset remote setup. Then go back and do a manual program for the TV you own. This assumes you have a voice control remote. If you have the older non-voice remote, go here:

https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/vzrepair/flowengine/UFDService.aspx?Keyword=FIX_STBREMOTES

View solution in original post

Re: Mute and volume buttons not working on remote
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the voice remotes you need to remember to point them at the tv to work. They are Bluetooth to the Fios box, but infrared to the tv. If you still can't get them to work go to: settings>voice control>fios voice remote>Program Fios voice remote>Manual setup and follow directions to setup your make and model of tv. Don't forget to restart Fios Box afterwards.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this from support:

Steps to reset programming is as below:
Steps: Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Reset remote setup.
Do you wish to continue: Hit OK for Yes.
Wait until it says Remote Programming Reset Success.  

After the above is complete, 
Initiate Programming of TV first (Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program FiOS TV Voice Remote > Auto Program/Manual Program) followed by the programming of the Audio device

Also sharing some general guidelines below that should be kept in mind when programming the TV or the Audio device/Receiver
Key points to remember:

1. When the setup has a Receiver/Audio device b/w STB and TV and connected via HDMI, Make sure it is powered ON. Sometimes the Receiver/Audio device can be powered OFF and because of that, the remote might only be auto programmed to TV and not to the Receiver/Audio device

2. If you don't see Volume change during programming process (either Auto or Manual), Select the option: No - Let's try another code set for your TV.

Try this a few times until you see volume change or else enter the Model# manually

3. Make sure remote is pointed directly to the device (TV or Receiver/Audio device) when pressing "OK" to test Volume or Power.

Please note that only the OK key is used for both Volume and Power tests during the programming and using any other key during the setup might hamper the programming flows.

Re: Mute and volume buttons not working on remote for TV
ewn3903

Verizon should tell you that the remote needs to be reset and than program for auto update to get the volume to work on TV using their remote,   That would make things better when you get a new TV mini.

0 Likes
Teamwork
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try resetting the remote. Hit “Menu” on your remote, select “settings” then “voice control” then “Fios TV voice remote” then “Program Fios TV Voice Remote” then “reset remote setup.” After resetting, redo previous steps this time selecting “manual setup” following instructions to complete that setup. Remote volume/mute should work. Cheers!

Bevotex

I did as you suggested but after “settings” mine goes to “audio & video” then “audio” and I have none of the options described. I just don’t seem to have the same options. 

please help if you can. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bevotex wrote:

please help if you can. 

Menu>settings>Voice control>Fios voice remote>program voice remote>reset remote setup. Then go back and do a manual program for the TV you own. This assumes you have a voice control remote. If you have the older non-voice remote, go here:

https://www.verizon.com/foryourhome/vzrepair/flowengine/UFDService.aspx?Keyword=FIX_STBREMOTES

Usercwx
Enthusiast - Level 1

My menu doesn't have this option regarding a remote control. I have a P265v3 remote.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Usercwx wrote:

My menu doesn't have this option regarding a remote control. I have a P265v3 remote.

Look here:

and here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/remote-control

0 Likes
Mark471

I spent 1 hour on the phone with a Verizon Fios repair technician and he did not help me fix the remote. His final solution was to charge me $25 for a new remote. I told him I know there is nothing wrong with the remote and that it just needed re-programming. He tried everything in his manual and kept me on hold while he spoke to his supervisor. This solution worked beautifully and easily. Verizon needs to use this solution in their own repair manual. They also need to train their techs in this procedure. Thank you for your help. This was solved on 2/15/2021 using a Fios remote with voice technology.

0 Likes