My DVR no longer allows me to "rewind" when I flip back to my last channel??
OohMamma
Enthusiast - Level 1

So Fios just changed the way the Last button on the remote operates, and this "improvement" now allows me to see the last few channels I've watched. The main problem with this change is that it was accompanied with another very negative change:

My DVR no longer records the previous channel I was on and therefore I can't rewind when I go back to my last channel - what's up with that?? That was a KEY feature because it allowed me to watch two programs by flipping between them and simply rewinding to the part where I left off. In order to do that now I have to manually record both shows I'm watching, which is incredibly inconvenient, not to mention wasteful of drive space.

Fios, PLEASE PLEASE re-add this feature. It's frustrating that it would be taken away in place a mostly useless list of last few channels (which, by the way, you can turn off in your settings such that the Last button on the remote functions the way it used to). Thanks

0 Likes
Re: My DVR no longer allows me to "rewind" when I flip back to my last channel??
TT1066

I don't have an answer, but I have the same problem and concerns.  This feature (rewind last channel) was one of the main reasons I left COX and came to FiOS.  If they've removed it, I'll have to reconsider staying with FiOS.

0 Likes
Re: My DVR no longer allows me to "rewind" when I flip back to my last channel??
Bmyers1

Glad that I'm not the only one frustrated by this "upgrade".  Not only is the Previous Channel option much slower as it pulls up the last few shows, it does indeed NO longer record the previously watched channel as before.   

Case in point, was watching an OT Stanley Cup game and paused it for a few minutes, picked up the remote to un-pause and fat fingered by hitting a number key instead.   Of course, the channel flipped to that channel number.   I thought I would be okay because it should still be recording as a previous channel...NOPE!!!  I went back to the Hockey channel and not only was not paused still (i.e. recording), it had returned to real time and I missed the end of the game.   

This is a HUGE disappointment.   What good is being able to view multiple previously viewed channels if by default it's not recording but one channel anymore.   

Is there a setting that can be changed to fix this???

0 Likes
PJay1

I was able to do this on any box at my old house. Just moved to a new place this past month and had Verizon installed when we moved in and it only works on the main box. Its literally the exact same set up as the old house setup though, one main/3 wireless mini. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes