Re: My Displeasure with the Home Media DVR
nascar
Master - Level 1

Good point. #3 could have a (pin) so that deletions don't happen by accident or better yet is the TiVo feature allowing you to recover from deleted.  Of course this requires a nice 500 GIG HD or larger.  Maybe one day. 

@KenAF wrote:

@TimSykes wrote:
The issue with all of that is that I have a wired connection all over my house with the Actiontec as my router, and 2 other hubs around my house. I don't believe in wireless network, unless I have to, like my G1 phone.

And you can't start watching a show as soon (within 10-20 seconds) as you select it on the remote TiVo?  I find this odd, since I do this almost every night.

@nascar wrote:

All 3 of your points seem like common sense to me.  Hopefully Verizon will make some major changes to IMG 1.7 when it is released.

I agree with #1 and #2, but #3 should be a menu option on the DVR, i.e. "Allow other boxes to delete programs from this DVR."  Otherwise, Verizon would receive support calls asking why programs disappeared from the DVR, when they were remotely deleted by other family members.

0 Likes