Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

My FIOS issues...

thrtnastrx
Contributor
Contributor

My FIOS issues...

Message 1 of 3
(4,568 Views)

I have had FIOS for about one month.  This is my current list of issues:

1.  FIOS STB not compatible with my Philips TV.  If I want to change the channel of my FIOS STB I must turn off my television, change channel on FIOS, then turn TV back on.  The FIOS remote control does not work if my TV is on.

2.  When I press the pause button it takes 5 seconds to pause.  This is an intermittent problem.

3.  Recorded series don't follow pre-defined rules.  i.e. Seinfeld is set to record 5 episodes, yet the STB records ALL episodes until the DVR is 99% full.  This also happens with Simpsons and any other series that is in syndication and plays 10 times per day.

4.  Often the DVR records only 8 seconds of a show and it always records two for some reason, both 8 seconds long. 

5.  "Currently unavailable" no explanation needed here.

6.  30-second skip works about 25% of the time.  The other times I use the button it either rewinds 2 seconds or does nothing.  Useless button.

7.  If I change the channel using the guide the screen goes black and I hear audio only from the channel before I attempted to change the channel.

8.  Error message:  "A problem has occurred due to network VOD:xx" where the xx is a different number.

9.  DVR doesn't tell you if a program is a rerun or not.  I have Entourage recorded and some episodes are 2 years old while others are new; there is no way for me to know unless I play the episode.

10.  Sometimes I press the 30-second skip button 10 times and it does nothing then all of a sudden skips 5 minutes of programming.

2 REPLIES 2
KenAF
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: My FIOS issues...

Message 2 of 3
(4,508 Views)

Check the setup options on your Philips TV.  Is there an option for a light sensor or day/night?

Many TVs have a light sensor that causes IR interference with Motorola and other boxes.   A number of TVs, like Pioneers and Sonys, allow you to disable this function, and doing so restores normal remote operation.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
psumatt
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: My FIOS issues...

Message 3 of 3
(4,444 Views)

1.  FIOS STB not compatible with my Philips TV.  If I want to change the channel of my FIOS STB I must turn off my television, change channel on FIOS, then turn TV back on.  The FIOS remote control does not work if my TV is on.

-- Has to be isolated to your situation. Have used FIOS with a Philips TV for years now with no issue

2.  When I press the pause button it takes 5 seconds to pause.  This is an intermittent problem.

- Could be related to #1 (remote issues)

3.  Recorded series don't follow pre-defined rules.  i.e. Seinfeld is set to record 5 episodes, yet the STB records ALL episodes until the DVR is 99% full.  This also happens with Simpsons and any other series that is in syndication and plays 10 times per day.

- Not sure of this one 

4.  Often the DVR records only 8 seconds of a show and it always records two for some reason, both 8 seconds long. 

- Known issue that is fixed with the 1.6.2 update

5.  "Currently unavailable" no explanation needed here.

- Known issue that is fixed with the 1.6.2 update

6.  30-second skip works about 25% of the time.  The other times I use the button it either rewinds 2 seconds or does nothing.  Useless button.

- Back to # 1???

7.  If I change the channel using the guide the screen goes black and I hear audio only from the channel before I attempted to change the channel.

- Hmmmm...

8.  Error message:  "A problem has occurred due to network VOD:xx" where the xx is a different number.

- Usually indicative of VOD maintenance at your VHO

9.  DVR doesn't tell you if a program is a rerun or not.  I have Entourage recorded and some episodes are 2 years old while others are new; there is no way for me to know unless I play the episode.

- In description of show a "New" icon is displayed if it is a new episode

10.  Sometimes I press the 30-second skip button 10 times and it does nothing then all of a sudden skips 5 minutes of programming.

- #1 again?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.