My FiOS TV display and sound breaks up
Gulth

This is very annoying.

Firsdt of all, I have had the BEST experience with Verizon FiOS TV+Phone+Internet ever since I got the service 3 years ago

Only within the past month, the display on my TV breaks up every few minutes. When this happens, I lose sound as well.

I called support, and the automated help took with through a reset of my FiOS system, but that did not help.

Is there a way, that I can reset the whole system at the main box, down in my basement where the cable enters the house?

Is there any solution at all ?

This happens on ALL channels, but more severe with movie channels between #842 and #950

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: My FiOS TV display and sound breaks up
tns
Master - Level 2

Cutting power including backup power will work.  Not sure if it will help in your case.

Obvious first stop is to check all your cables connections.  If you have a different box try it.  After that its replace boxes, or call for service.

0 Likes
Re: My FiOS TV display and sound breaks up
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/troubleshooting/set+top+boxes+and+dvrs/questi...

To reset your Battery Backup Unit:

1. Unplug the electrical power cord of your BBU from the wall outlet.

2. Wait one minute and then plug the cord back into the wall and see if the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) resets itself.

If the ONT resets itself then your FiOS TV service should come back online. If it doesn't you can try to reconnect the battery.

To reconnect the battery in your BBU:

1. Unplug the electrical power cord of your BBU from the wall outlet.

2. Open the battery cabinet on the BBU (you may need a screwdriver to do this).

3. Disconnect the batter leads and wait 10 seconds. Reconnect the battery leads. (I recommend 20-30 seconds at least)

4. Put the battery cabinet back on and then plug the power cord back into the wall and see if the ONT resets itself.

If the ONT resets itself then your FiOS TV service should come back online.

When the ONT is rebooted all the alarm logs are erased, so if you are having an intermittent issue, do not reboot the ONT before getting in touch with a Verzion rep. If it is the ONT that is causing an issue, there will be no history of the ONT's activity.

0 Likes