My Motorola QIP6416-2 STB is flashing DUI
Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have surfed this and other forums to discover that the DUI is the best the display can do to indicate DVI, as in the digital video signal. I just purchased a new Audio/Video processor, an Emotiva UMC1 and connected the STB to the processor with an HDMI cable and thats kinda when the problem started. I say kinda because I had no problems for a couple of days and now it's acting up.

I wanted to check the settings in user settings but I cant access them because the Power/Select/Menu thing isnt working.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: My Motorola QIP6416-2 STB is flashing DUI
Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I just talked with "customer support" and the guy walked me through unlpug this and replug that and power down this, etc. etc. and in the end he said he'd send me a pair of component cables to connect my DVR to my processor. I cant believe that after upgrading to an HDMI capable processor I have to go back to cables.

I have my PS3 connected through an HDMI cable with zero problems. What is with the STB? I'm thinking it has to do with the HDCP protocol and that this old STB isnt capable of the required "handshake". Right?

How about a new STB that is capable of the new copy protection protocol through HDMI?

Not impressed

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

you may want to post this over at the Emotiva lounge at http://www.avsforum.com   they may have a good working solution for you.   

There may be a firmware update or a setting that you can manipulate that would help you. 

if it's an HDCP issue, then emotiva is apparently already aware and working on a firmware update of their own to correct the issue.  Reach out to the avs forums to see if you have the latest firmware. 

This was posted on a thread there, and explains a bit about the issue.  

Thanks Bill for the advise. I just got off the phone with Vincent @ Emotiva. He is one of their programmers from what I gathered. I started to explain the same situation as in my first post. He said let me stop you there after only a few sentences of explaining it to him. Vincent explained that they have a real tight HDCP protocol in there and really no tolerance for error. He explained that the reason why the Interga DTR 5.8 works and the UMC-1 doesnt is due to this HDCP tolerance and that in the next Firmware update he is working on will Open the HDCP tolerance up so that more Source 
devices work with the UMC-

0 Likes
Rocks911
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there maybe a firmware update for the Motorola STB that fixes this?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the last update was done in 4th quarter of last year, and they have a new update that will be coming out either late 1st quarter of this year, or 2nd quarter of this year, but from the release notes, it doesn't look like it's addressing any hdmi issues.  

0 Likes
JiveTurkey2
Contributor - Level 1

OP, are you trying to access it on the DVR?  And if so, was it recording at the time?  It won't let you into the hidden setting/diagnostic menus when it's recording, if you still can't, then power cycle the box.  And if you STILL can't, then call Fiber Solutions Center for them to initialize it.

0 Likes
ConstableJohn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Posted 05/08/2011

I had the same problem and could not find a solution in any guide or manual. Long story short, neither the QIP6416 or the new Motorola_7232P2 allow signal splitting. This error or even worse, a distorted video output signal is the result. In my recent case, the QIP6416-2 HDMI output is connected to an RCA surround amp input along with two other HDMI inputs. The surround output is connected to a HDTV HDMI input.

When I disconnected QIP6416-2 HDMI output and plugged it directly into the HDTV the error went away.

Regarding the Motorola_7232P2, I connected the output to an HDMI active splitter. The outputs were to go to a HDTV and a HD projector. The video signal was severely distorted and broken up. Removing the splitter corrected the problem. Now, I have to hassle with plugging in one or the other.

I hope this helps some of you with your problems.

ConstableJohn

0 Likes