My Multi Room DVR set top box will not go on at all
Kevin751

Lost power during storm and got power back and only my regular box works and my Multi room SVR box will not turn on, I have tried everything!! Can’t get in touch with anyone at Verizon for 3 hours... help!! Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
Re: My Multi Room DVR set top box will not go on at all
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kevin75 wrote:

Lost power during storm and got power back and only my regular box works and my Multi room SVR box will not turn on, I have tried everything!! Can’t get in touch with anyone at Verizon for 3 hours... help!! Thanks in advance 

Are you seeing a power light and no video or no power light at all? If no power light try a different outlet in another room and see if you get a light. If not, the power supply for the box may have fried. You need to contact support in that case and get them to send you a new box and power supply. If you get a power light, make sure the coax cable connections are ok, and the HDMI connections to the TV are good. Even if the box can't connect to programming, you should still see the screensaver on your TV if the box is ok and the HDMI cable is ok.

0 Likes
Kevin751

I get no power light at all, tried to reboot the box, router etc, nothing 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kevin75 wrote:

I get no power light at all, tried to reboot the box, router etc, nothing 

Sounds like a bad box or power supply. Get in touch with support for a replacement.

Kevin751

Yeah that hasn’t worked today on hold online and calling in for a 3 hour total, not cool on their part

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@Kevin75 wrote:

Yeah that hasn’t worked today on hold online and calling in for a 3 hour total, not cool on their part

Here is the preferred list of ways to contact Verizon:

1. @VerizonSupport via Twitter (this is the same team that handles vzdirect on dslreports.com)

2. Fios Facebook page

3. Chat

4. Community

5. dslreports.com or YouTube

6. 800 number should always be the last resort

The @VerizonSupport is the very best way to get immediate assistance and they handle it all (tech support, billing, customer complaints, etc.)