My TVs that are connected to DCT700 boxes are now zoomed in and cut off
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 3 DCT700 boxes in my home.  They were working just fine until about a month ago.  Now all three boxes connected to three different TVs come in with what looks like a zoomed picture.  The right and left sides are cut off.  The picture quality is now just awful.   All used to be just fine.  I did not change anything but all three setups have all of a sudden become unwatchable.  What is going on?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My TVs that are connected to DCT700 boxes are now zoomed in and cut off
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

The # key on the remote controls the size.

Not sure if the DCT700 supports that feature, but try that.

Or try powering one of them off and back on.

And double-check to see if your TVs have a size or zoom feature.

0 Likes
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The # has no effect on anything.   The key here is that all three tvs have this exact same problem now and they never did before. Nothing changed on my end!!!   I believe the issue must be something in the way Verizon is now transmitting their FIOS signal to my home.   Verizon?? can you speak to any changes you've made in the signal or the way you are sending to my home??

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mtardiff,

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.

0 Likes
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just had a verizon guy here for two hours looking at this issue with no luck.  He upgraded a few things, swapped out a DCT700 box and still no luck.  It looks like all the local channels below 50 are coming in cropped or zoomed (wrong aspect ratio).   He conceeded that it's a broadcast issue.  Am I the only one that is noticing this?   When I watch the news, the breaking news flash texts on the bottom are all cut off?    It can't be just me!    seriously,  if anyone else is seeing this I would love to know.  If not it makes no sense at all.  All Verizon can do at this point is offer me HD boxes to the tune of $28/month for 4 of them.. No thanks!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if its Verizon decision or the SD channel in question.  I know that many have chosen to cut off the sides on purpose so the screen looks full.  This was in fact the most common way they did it during the migration period to ATSC.  Some people really had it when black bars are shown above and below on a letterbox picture, esp. on a SD set.  Also unpopular (but usually correctable by your tv is a picthre that is letterboxed within a SD pillarbox.

0 Likes
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the reply.    Just so you know,  my regular SD set top box displays things just fine.  It's only the DCT700 boxes having the problem.   I really would like to hear from others to know if their DCT700 boxes are experiencing the same issue.

0 Likes
vthubz

I'm having the same issue. Size button doesn't work. I can't see anything around the edges, even the fios prompt when I use the remote.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked to see if your TV has a zoom button as well?

How is DCT connected to TV?

0 Likes
mtardiff1
Enthusiast - Level 2

IT IS NOT A ZOOM BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!    A verizon tech spent 2 hours in my house once trying to figure this out... it's the way the signals are transmitted from Verizon.  It's only major networks... it sucks and I wish Verizon owned up to it!!!!!!

0 Likes