Re: My aggravations with Quantum Tv
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay apparently some changes were made, yesterday I recieved a email about my account being reset and I happened to be awake this morning when my box suddenly reset itself and after some checking I noticed changes made to the caller ID section in the menu plus response time is quicker, also under system info the build number has changed. Hopfully this upgrade will get rid of the bugs. Also let extend my appoligies to Verizon and it's tech people, I have been having some personal problems recently and it seems when I look back at my message that started this thread I was taking my frustrations out on thru here insted on doing it the correct way, I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for all this time without any major problems and should have realized that all this could be fixed if handled correctly, so again I'm sorry and thanks Verizon for the years of good service.

0 Likes
Re: My aggravations with Quantum Tv
harley8004
Enthusiast - Level 3

@slee2099 wrote:

I recently got the quantum TV service and at first I was pleased but after using it for a while now I've become very disappointed, let me say I do like the extra tuners and the increased storage space but that's where the fun ends. First off my onscreen caller ID hasn't worked right since I got this new box I've been on the phone twice with tech support for like 30 to 45 min., each time it was fixed it worked a few times and then stopped again, 2 - you can't check voice mail through the STB anymore, 3 -  when you try to scan through the on screen guide it goes slow like an old PC trying to run modern software, sometimes pressing the info button will get you a blank screen or a message saying please wait with a response time that takes forever, I have the newest modem with the dual wireless antennas and it's been working fine so I'm sure this is not the problem. Quantum TV could be an excellent service but the box needs serious upgrades, I'm not sure what type of processor chip is in  this box but I have the felling it was probably made by Pringles, I don't know who authorized these boxes for use but it must have been a plant from Comcast trying to sabotage Verizon. Anyway I think I've made my point instead of a quantum leap forward it's seems more like a giant step backwards.

Signed unhappy for now

Slee2099,
we feel your pain. We're creeping through a Quantum upgrade from Jun 5th that didn't go well. FDV, caller id, INTERNET issues and PAUSE LIVE TV that VZ has been tauting didn't work. Long story short, Caller ID and now the FIOS digital voice working (FDV working after new build was updated from 1.0 to 1.0b) check your menu on the TV and see if the features are accessible. The INTERNET issue is still intermittent and hoping a tech dispatch to check the original splitter to see if we have a bandwidth issue. Stay tune for that update. to be continued..

the live tv still didn't work as promised. (2 VMS servers don't play well together). still have to be connected to the server to use pause live tv. hopefully to be fixed down the road.

0 Likes