My digital adapter died
MarkEDixon

This is the little black box that functions as an alternative to the set-top box.  Verizon offers one free to every customer.

Mine seems to have quit.  The "On" light works and everything is plugged in, but the TV screen informs me that there is no signal AND that it can't read the time.

How do I get this thing diagnosed and, if it is dead, replaced?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: My digital adapter died
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Do you have a known working wall jack?  If so try temporarily moving it to that jack and hook it up to whatever TV is there.  If it works then the problem is in the cabling, if not call VZ and tell them it died.  They will send a new one (via UPS) and you can return the bad one (for free) by taking it to a UPS store.  BE SURE TO GET A RECEIPT AND TRACKING NUMBER.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@MarkEDixon wrote:

This is the little black box that functions as an alternative to the set-top box.  Verizon offers one free to every customer.

Mine seems to have quit.  The "On" light works and everything is plugged in, but the TV screen informs me that there is no signal AND that it can't read the time.

How do I get this thing diagnosed and, if it is dead, replaced?

Thanks!

If the tv says "no signal" this is a message fromt he TV itself.

Most common things to check.

1. Make sure that the cable from the box to the tv is connected and tight.

2. Make sure you are using the right input on the tv.

• If using coax (screw on cable) make sure the tv is on channel 3.
  • If using composite cables (red, white, yellow) make sure you are on the video input

3. try replacing those cables or connecting to another tv.

4. Power cycle the box (unplug from electric. wait a minute or so, then plug back in.)

Thats about all you can do to those adaptors

Hubrisnxs
Legend

that box doesn't produce that type of message.  that is a message coming from your TV.   IT should only really read that if you use red white and yellow.   and then you want to make sure you are telling your TV to look at the proper input.

if your TV is hooked up to that box with a coax, you won't see a message like that unless you are on the wrong input.   make sure it's on channel 3 if it's hooked up with coax.    sometimes very rarely channel 4.  

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The message from a DCT-700 with no signal is:

THIS CHANNEL IS HAVING TEMPORARY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

So as others have said, this message must be from your TV.  Follow the suggestions by SPACEDEBRIS for checking the signal from the box to the TV.

0 Likes