Re: My recorded shows and recordings are gone?
gbenj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really don't think theres any worse thing a DVR provider can do than lose recordings...Its really the ONE function of a DVR. 

It would be like an address book that suddenly updated its software and suddenly lost all the addresses that were saved. 

0 Likes
stardusttvc15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed......this isn't making me happy I switched.  I will try and  call FIOS this evening, if I have the patience.  They should offer some compensation.

0 Likes
stardusttvc15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, decided to make the call to Verizon FIos customer service.  First she said that she never heard of this happening, which I find very hard to believe.  Then she went to speak to someone else, and got back on the phone and said that she spoke to a Tech and he said, it happened with the upgrade and there is NOTHING they can doto get these recordings back.  

I am aware that I am not the only one this happened to, I am also aware that 3 friends of mine didn't lose anything.  I asked if there was any compensation Verizon would do to maybe keep a customer from leaving.   She said no.  After I rambled for a bit, I asked for a supervisor. She is trying to get  supervisor but in the meantime she will try and see if she can get me something for free.

Well, Verizon finally did what Verizon is famous for. They punted me to the billing department and he told me, there is nothing he can do, it happens when upgrades are done. Then when I started to ask another question, he hung up on me.

I do realize that there are more important things in the world to worry about, but I will definitly leave Verizon after the year, if not, before.

0 Likes
pobrien80

I just recently converted to FiOS TV from Charter Cable (last week, the new DVR was set up).

Almost immediately, I noticed that my recordings and scheduled recordings would just disappear. I tried the auto-fix option, and that restored everything.

Then it happened it again, and the auto-fix didn't help anymore. So I unplugged the box, and that worked for a while. Then the recordings were gone again. Reset again. Back! Then gone again, just a few hours later. I was seriously regretting my decision to switch to Verizon!

I came here to see if whether I was just super unlucky or if others were having mysteriously disappearing recordings. It's hard to tell; this forum thread seemed to indicate I'm not alone.

Anyway, I decided not to call--it seems like people are put on hold forever, then given the run-around. So I tried the live chat (not the automated one), and the  agent did a software restore. It took a little while (20 minutes) and STILL did not work.

To their credit, they are mailing me a new DVR of the same model. It should be here tomorrow, they said, with return shipping for the old box prepackaged.

If this is just a few flukey boxes, then I just got unlucky. But I just wanted to explain what was happening to me and what happened in case anyone else out there is wondering or worrying, like I was.

I'll update you all when the new box comes. If that solves it, then it's just a bad DVR. *crosses fingers*

0 Likes
gbenj
Enthusiast - Level 2

@pobrien80 wrote:

I just recently converted to FiOS TV from Charter Cable (last week, the new DVR was set up).

Almost immediately, I noticed that my recordings and scheduled recordings would just disappear. I tried the auto-fix option, and that restored everything.

Then it happened it again, and the auto-fix didn't help anymore. So I unplugged the box, and that worked for a while. Then the recordings were gone again. Reset again. Back! Then gone again, just a few hours later. I was seriously regretting my decision to switch to Verizon!

I came here to see if whether I was just super unlucky or if others were having mysteriously disappearing recordings. It's hard to tell; this forum thread seemed to indicate I'm not alone.

Anyway, I decided not to call--it seems like people are put on hold forever, then given the run-around. So I tried the live chat (not the automated one), and the  agent did a software restore. It took a little while (20 minutes) and STILL did not work.

To their credit, they are mailing me a new DVR of the same model. It should be here tomorrow, they said, with return shipping for the old box prepackaged.

If this is just a few flukey boxes, then I just got unlucky. But I just wanted to explain what was happening to me and what happened in case anyone else out there is wondering or worrying, like I was.

I'll update you all when the new box comes. If that solves it, then it's just a bad DVR. *crosses fingers*

I think your case, since its happened a few times is different than the one we are discussing. 

My lost recordings happened as a result of the 1.9 IMG update. Prior to that, I had no problems with missing or disappearing recordings. 

I'm honestly more annoyed at having to set up series recordigns for all my shows again, thats going to take me more time than anyhthing, I only lost a few recorded shows that I hadnt watched, I can live without that. 

More than anything I'm upset that this happened without any notice, jsut show up at home and the box is updated and everything is gone no prompt, no warning, nothing. If it happens to you, then you're SOL is basically what I felt like they were saying. 

0 Likes