Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Mysterious "Channel Number" Problem Solved by Reset of Set Top Box

JohnnyBrook
Contributor
Contributor

Mysterious "Channel Number" Problem Solved by Reset of Set Top Box

Message 1 of 2
(626 Views)

Congratulations to Verizon for adding to its list of TV-related problems one that refers to slow operation of the set-top box.

Mine would slowly become highly variable in response to the Mute button on the remote control, or to display the Guide, or when I keyed in a channel number with the numeric keypad would often drop digits, e.g. enter 617 and get channel 6 or 67 or 17 or any other variant!   The channel number problem was the most confusing of all and at first didn't seem to fit the "slow operation" behavior.  It wasn't just "slow," it was wrong.

1. I replaced the batteries in the remote control.

2. I cleaned the window on the front edge of the remote control and the window on the front of the box.

3. I even suspected Verizon had downloaded a defective firmware updata for the set top box.

Nothing changed until I saw the web page support info suggesting a box reset.  That fixed this frustrating and confusing problem.  

Thanks to the others who may have earlier reported these problems and to Verizon for diagnosing them and including a reference to the issue in its list of problems and solutions.

1 REPLY 1
YankeesFan
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Mysterious "Channel Number" Problem Solved by Reset of Set Top Box

Message 2 of 2
(558 Views)

Resetting fix doesn't last long.  That same issue keeps coming back on all mine.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title