Mysterious "Channel Number" Problem Solved by Reset of Set Top Box
JohnnyBrook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Congratulations to Verizon for adding to its list of TV-related problems one that refers to slow operation of the set-top box.

Mine would slowly become highly variable in response to the Mute button on the remote control, or to display the Guide, or when I keyed in a channel number with the numeric keypad would often drop digits, e.g. enter 617 and get channel 6 or 67 or 17 or any other variant!   The channel number problem was the most confusing of all and at first didn't seem to fit the "slow operation" behavior.  It wasn't just "slow," it was wrong.

1. I replaced the batteries in the remote control.

2. I cleaned the window on the front edge of the remote control and the window on the front of the box.

3. I even suspected Verizon had downloaded a defective firmware updata for the set top box.

Nothing changed until I saw the web page support info suggesting a box reset.  That fixed this frustrating and confusing problem.  

Thanks to the others who may have earlier reported these problems and to Verizon for diagnosing them and including a reference to the issue in its list of problems and solutions.

Re: Mysterious "Channel Number" Problem Solved by Reset of Set Top Box
YankeesFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Resetting fix doesn't last long.  That same issue keeps coming back on all mine.

0 Likes