Re: N. Texas - Local HD Stations Heavily Pixelated - All others work fine?
callonsteve

Glad to know it's not just me.  I'm in Colleyville at 76034. 

Update:  I used the live chat option for support this morning.  The guy said he'd send a complete "latest" code update to my two 6200 receivers.  Sent the signals.  They updated.  Turned off.  Then he said to tell him when the clocks came back on the displays.  After 10 mins or so, I let him know that they had powered down.  He said to keep waiting and they'd come back on.  After about 45 mins I said I gotta go to work.  Went to work.  Came home.   Boxes still not on.  Turning them on results in a zero displayed.  Nothing else.  I'm 2nd in the queue to talk with support again right now.

I'll update again in a little while.

Steve

0 Likes
callonsteve

Update 2:

The live chat person was able to bring my two 6200's back to life.  He bounced the ONT.  Had me check the signal power in the self diag.  At 25db he gave it the thumbs up.  Scheduled a site visit tomorrow morning.

More to come then.

Steve

0 Likes
ArtisticCheese
Enthusiast - Level 1
What signal level is supposed to be and how do you check it?
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Go into the Menu, scroll down to Help, and run the Self Diagnostics.It will display an OOB S/N ratio, 25 DB is supposed to be good (that is what I have right now). Note: when you run the diagnostic, the DNS test will probably fail; this is apparently normal from what I have read.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
texastown
Justin, I just ran the system check on my SD FIOS box and got a 22DB.  Is that too low, acceptable, poor?  That is the box where the pic jumps every now and then.  And thanks again for your help. M
0 Likes
ArtisticCheese
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, so is it supposed to be 25dB or lower or 25db or higher for good signal?

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
22 is OK texastown, I don't think that is your problem. 15-25 is acceptable.
Message Edited by matcarl on 01-29-2009 10:36 AM
0 Likes
BTDT

Just a heads up to anyone who is missing their clear QAM channels (mostly locals, SD and HD) in North Texas over the past couple of days: Verizon just remapped most of the channels to new frequencies on the cable, so you will need to rescan to get them back into place. I spent an hour this morning with my Vista Media Center/HD Homerun setup doing just that.

As a bonus: CNBC is now available in the open (at least it's new to me).

0 Likes
callonsteve

Okay.  Final update on this.  We have success!  No more pixelation!

Service guy comes out and quickly understands that the problem is the same on all 4 of my receivers so he heads outside.  Replaces the splitter coming off of the ONT and all is well.

Nice when things work out that way.

Steve

0 Likes
texastown
Good to hear your tvs are running well again.  Keep us posted, if you can, as to whether or not the fix holds.  I often go a while between pixelation problems, so I would be interested in knowing if this is a long term fix, or just a temporary.  Thanks for your info.
0 Likes