NBC Olympics Live Extra Sign In Problem
lwelborn
Enthusiast - Level 1

When signing up for live streaming of all events on NBCOlympics.com I get stopped at the second step, unable to get to the watch center.

NBCOlympics.com/live extra says, "With a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription that includes MSNBC and CNBC, you can access live streams of EVERY Olympic event."

I have Verizon Fios TV Essentials. I have both MSNBC and CNBC, you can see on Channel Lineup that I have both channels. Which means I should be able to access live streams of every olympic event on NBCOlympics.com

On the NBCOlympics.com/liveextra website I click the big red button that says, "CLICK HERE AND GET READY". I select Verizon from the list of cable providers. Then I sign in with my username and password and this is where I have a problem. Instead of taking me to step three it says, "To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV with NBCOLYMPICS." Then it says, "Order Online Now" with a link to MyVerizon Upgrade and Renewal Center. 

I have also tried to sign up starting from the Verizon FiOS TV Online page and it says:

"NBC Olympics is available to FiOS TV Prime package subscribers
To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC
subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS
TV Prime package. Click Continue to upgrade to this package."
It is telling me to get FiOS TV Prime because I need to be a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. But I don't need to get the FiOS TV Prime package. I already have MSNBC and CNBC with my FiOS TV Essentials plan. 
I think this is a problem in the Verizon system. I am promised the ability to live stream every Olympic event online at NBCOlympics.com but it won't let me sign up because Verizon says I need to be a FiOS TV Prime package subscriber to have MSNBC and CNBC when that's not true.
Please help, I want to see my friend compete in the Olympics. I won't be by my tv; I need to watch online, and I should be able to!
Re: NBC Olympics Live Extra Sign In Problem
TT313
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have the same problem. My plan includes both cnbc and msnbc yet I can't access the app for live streaming. Please let me know what the answer to fix this is
doctorc769
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here (I get the same errors on my iPhone and iPad too). Tech Support didn't have a clue 2 days ago. Tried again yesterday and they said it was a Billing issue (no I'm not late on my bill). Talked to Biling who said it was a Tech Support issue. Finally got Billing to talk to a supervisor... but no joy yet.

Better yet, the chat window reset at the end of the chat so I have nothing for my records and no copy of the case #. But that's OK, because My Support says I have no active issues anyways - I guess I just imagined the hour I spent trying to get somewhere on this yesterday.

Not sure if anything is getting fixed... looks like I'll have to turn to the dark side of the Internet to get some access.

0 Likes
SCPDC

Same issue but listening to games on BBC. It will have to do.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Works fine for me, both on the web site via IE on a PC and on an Android tablet via the app.  I have the old Extreme HD package.

I am using my verizon.net credentials to logon, not my verizon.com credentials (which were consolidated to the .net credentials last year).  Maybe this is the problem. 

I found a post that discusses the two sets of credentials.  Here is the text in the words of the poster.

It is possible to have a .com ID and a .NET ID. One lets you look at your bill (.com) and it is not linked to your .net which causes problems when accessing online tv content. That is where the activation comes in (http://activate.verizon.net), when you go through that (for me at least) I got a message that I had TWO id's it told me what the other ID was, and then it began linking them together.   Once they were linked I was able to access all the online stuff.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Looks like a very little progress.  Note before they added the live stuff today the site was working, but now the signon linkage breaks.  I do see Verizon at least in the signon list.

YES, it needs to be fixed.  Soccer Olympic event have begun.

When I click on verizon on the NBColympic site i get

"NBC Olympics does not have access to your username, password, or any other information related to your TV provider subscription. Please contact your TV service provider if you need assistance. If your TV provider is not listed, check back soon to see if it’s been added."  I never get a request to signon.  I turned popup blocker off.  Same with Firefox. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tns wrote:

Looks like a very little progress.  Note before they added the live stuff today the site was working, but now the signon linkage breaks.  I do see Verizon at least in the signon list.

See my updated post on this -- maybe give it a try. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@PJL wrote:

@tns wrote:

See my updated post on this -- maybe give it a try. 

As I mentioned when I updated my post, I am not even prompted to enter an id and password.

get "NBC Olympics does not have access to your username, password, or any other information related to your TV provider subscription. Please contact your TV service provider if you need assistance. If your TV provider is not listed, check back soon to see if it’s been added. "

0 Likes
lwelborn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried your suggestion. 

When I go to sign in the response I get is "Customer Record Not Found" even though I'm definitely entering the correct info.

0 Likes
lelahmarie1

Same problem, same messages.  Very disappointing -- I've been trying for a few days now (just found this thread.)  Nothing seems to work.  I don't know why Verizon didn't anticipate the demand.  

0 Likes