Re: NBC Olympics Live Extra Sign In Problem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@brysdavis wrote:

Anthony,

I'm having the same trouble - when I try to view online NBC Olympics coverage I can't get past the Select your provider page - I select Verizon and am then shown a popup window with the London Olympics logo on the left and a blank area on the right.  At the bottom is the same text about NBC not having access to my info, and I can check back later to see if my provider is listed.

I am logged into Verizon.com, have checked to see that I have FIOS TV access.

What am I do to next, please?

Bryan

If you select a different provider does it do the same thing and not let you enter a username? If its doing the same thing regardless of the provider you pick, then its either an issue with the site or your computer/browser. Please try some of the steps outlined earlier for adjusting browser and flash settings.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Olypmicdudenyc wrote:

Hi i'm having the same problem logging into nbc's olympic live extra app for my iphone and ipad. It says that i do not have msnbc and cnbc, even though i do, and it asks me to upgrade my service. Please help. Thanks a bunch. 

Olympic dude

Please try all the steps posted earlier in this thread, especially the one where you login to verizon.com and verify it shows your accurate FIOS TV billing information.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@lindros88nj wrote:

It's clear to me that no one knows what's going on. It's Day 5 of the Olympics and I was told by a Verizon Tech support chat rep that it could be 24-48 hrs. Unaccepetable! The games will be half way over by then. Was this even tested by NBC or Verizon?

Like many of you I saw this same error message: "To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now."

Well I have been a subscriber to those channels for 3 1/2 years! Today when I try to login I just get a new login screen over and over.

HELP PLEASE!!

Sorry to hear about the problems with the account. Once all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted and its verified there is not a site or browser or flash problem, we escalate these cases to our online account team to realign the account. Its not that it will take 24-48 hours, it could take up to that amount of time. We have no way of knowing their workload to see how many other cases were ahead of yours to fix. I am sorry for the troubles this is causing but your account will be fixed very soon based off the information in your post.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Val398420 wrote:

Thank you Anthony. I very much appreciate the assistance.

When I log into NBC's site, I get the same message as everyone else, "Not Entitled To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now."

When I attempt to subscribe to the Olympics via FIOS Online TV, I get this message, "NBC Olympics is available to FiOS TV Prime package subscribers To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Click Continue to upgrade to this package."

Yet, I currently have MSNBC and CNBC as part of my FiOS TV Extreme HD plan.

Please help. Thank you.

Sorry to hear you have tried all the previous troubleshooting steps on the thread and are still having the problem. We need to get your account information. I have copied your notes to our private support board to get more information. Please post all correspondences on there from here on out.

0 Likes
travis_fairfax

Anthony, I have the exact same issue, could you help? Thanks.

0 Likes
Airtight
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem and completed all of the steps but got to the login screen and entered my info and only got a black screen. I got mad and just left my desk and when i came back i had  little popup saying congratulations confirming i was longed into verizon. After retrying this it seems like NBC is just taking forever to confirm with the providers the log in data... probably from the amount of requests they are getting. so try and wait to see if it works

lbooth447

I've made it to the account profile but don't see where is says "manage subaccounts anywhere." I just see my personal and billing information. Where is the subaccount link?

0 Likes
twistedkites421

So I think I've gotten this to work on my PC, but I can't get it to work on my iPad, which is where I need it bc I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow. Any suggestions, please???

0 Likes
jlopes

My problem with the sign-in is slightly different.  I had previously been able to login and was watching Olympic coverage for several days.  Last night I tried to load a replay of an event (as I had done previously) and was presented with the provider selection screen.  Even though I previously had access, I selected Verizon and was presented with the sign-in screen requesting a user id and password.  I entered the FIOS information I had entered previously and after a few seconds it appeared that the video was about to load but then the sign-in screen appeared again.  This just keeps looping.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Jason7771

I've tried it on all different browsers, on my home computer, laptop, and at work. It gives me:

To watch videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS TV with NBCOLYMPICS.

Verizon and NBC can go suck it.

0 Likes