Re: NBC Olympics Live Extra Sign In Problem
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Have you tried the previous troubleshooting steps on the board yet? If you have and it is still not working, we would love to help.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@drlobo wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I have tried all the pointers in this thread and I still get the "not entitled" error.  I have tried on my computer and my iPad and have reached the same impasse.

Can I get some help resetting my account to allow access to live extra?

I have not heard of a "Not entitled" error message. Can you please post the exact error message you are receiving? This will not work at all on the Ipad becuase it does not support flash, but it should work on the computer.

0 Likes
jove4015

Same problem here.  I definitely should be able to see the olympics but can't.  Two nights in a row now... I get the message:

Not Entitled
To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now.

This is branded with the Verizon logo, it does not appear to be an error from NBC.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I've been having a similar problem, and it's one that I've had before on TNT's website using a different computer running a different operating system (so you would do well not to point your finger at NBC for this). I chose not to spend days going through tech support to solve it because there were other viewing options; unfortunately I seem to have little choice here.

I go to nbcolympics.com (screenshot) and enter my primary account login info. I'm quite sure the information is correct because I've retried this tens of times, and logged in successfully at verizon.net with it. When I click "Sign In" I am redirected to Verizon's home page within the login frame at NBC's site (screenshot), where it says "Welcome! To continue, please enter your Verizon User ID and Pas..." - as you can see the page is cut off due to the small frame. Attempting to sign in again there simply brings me back to the same page.

I have ensured all my cookie settings are unrestricted - which of course, is against the recommendations of every internet security expert around, but that hasn't stopped corporations like Verizon and NBC from behaving unethically and irresponsibly by requiring them anyway - and caches cleared, both in Flash and my browsers. The same problem, as I mentioned, occurred on my old Windows computer, as well as on both Chrome and Safari (screenshot) on my current Mac.

Please advise.

0 Likes
gene93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem for me.An attemt to sign in ends up in an empty box with no ability to sign in.

I cannot believe it's not fixed by now.

0 Likes
gene93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now I'm getting this:

<quote>

t looks like your TV subscription does not support access to NBC Olympics Live Extra. Please contact your TV provider. A current subscription to a TV video programing package that includes MSNBC and CNBC is required for access to NBC Olympics Live Extra.

<quote>

Extremely dissappointing.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@jove4015 wrote:

Same problem here.  I definitely should be able to see the olympics but can't.  Two nights in a row now... I get the message:

Not Entitled
To continue, you will need to become a MSNBC and CNBC subscriber. MSNBC and CNBC are available as part of the FiOS TV Prime package. Please upgrade to this package now.

This is branded with the Verizon logo, it does not appear to be an error from NBC.

Sorry to hear about the login troubles. I have copied your post to a private support board. Please refer all correspondences to this thread.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@antourte wrote:

I've been having a similar problem, and it's one that I've had before on TNT's website using a different computer running a different operating system (so you would do well not to point your finger at NBC for this). I chose not to spend days going through tech support to solve it because there were other viewing options; unfortunately I seem to have little choice here.

I go to nbcolympics.com (screenshot) and enter my primary account login info. I'm quite sure the information is correct because I've retried this tens of times, and logged in successfully at verizon.net with it. When I click "Sign In" I am redirected to Verizon's home page within the login frame at NBC's site (screenshot), where it says "Welcome! To continue, please enter your Verizon User ID and Pas..." - as you can see the page is cut off due to the small frame. Attempting to sign in again there simply brings me back to the same page.

I have ensured all my cookie settings are unrestricted - which of course, is against the recommendations of every internet security expert around, but that hasn't stopped corporations like Verizon and NBC from behaving unethically and irresponsibly by requiring them anyway - and caches cleared, both in Flash and my browsers. The same problem, as I mentioned, occurred on my old Windows computer, as well as on both Chrome and Safari (screenshot) on my current Mac.

Please advise.

Antourte,

It sounds as if the .net and .com username are not linked to each other to do the appropriate authentication. We can help out with that, but would need more specific information regarding your account. I have posted your reply here to our private support board. Please check there for all correspondences regarding this issue from here on out.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@gene93 wrote:

Now I'm getting this:

<quote>

t looks like your TV subscription does not support access to NBC Olympics Live Extra. Please contact your TV provider. A current subscription to a TV video programing package that includes MSNBC and CNBC is required for access to NBC Olympics Live Extra.

<quote>

Extremely dissappointing.

Sorry for the troubles with the website. This is something we can help you out with. I have posted your message here on our private support board this way we can get more information on your account. Please refer all correspondences there.

0 Likes
HGL2

HELP! I get the following message...

NBC Olympics does not have access to your username, password, or any other information related to your TV provider subscription. Please contact your TV service provider if you need assistance. If your TV provider is not listed, check back soon to see if it’s been added.

0 Likes