Customers With Disabilities

Welcome to the Verizon Fios Community.

Find help and answers to questions about anything and everything Verizon.

NBC Sports HD (channel 590 VHO8) - NO AUDIO!!

Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25

NBC Sports HD (channel 590 VHO8) - NO AUDIO!!

[ Edited ]

Anyone else finding that the HD version of NBC Sports (channel 590) has no audio (except of course on the commercials  Smiley Frustrated )?  SD version on channel 90 is fine.

Just went to playback the Indy Lights race recorded earlier and the whole recording (other than some commercials) is like watching a silent movie.  Surpisingly closed captioning is working even though the audio is silent.

EDIT - Amazingly shortly after posting this the audio returned (after being out for over 2 hours that I know of).

EDIT2 - May have spoken too soon.  Now the show on (7:13 PM) has audio but some of the station pormos are still coming in silent.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
3 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: NBC Sports HD (channel 590 VHO8) - NO AUDIO!!

I'm having the same problem in south jersey
Contributor

Yep, same problem. Very annoying although I am thinking it's not necessarily Verizon but NBC Sports Net.

Platinum Contributor I

Well I did not see the issue here in North Texas today, so what if anything does that say? I don't know, a regional Verizon issue maybe?

After seeing the original post here I watched my recording of the Indy Lights race, audio was just fine. And over maybe a two hour period I checked 590 live a half dozen or so times after watching the recording, all was fine.

Keller, TX 76248

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios