Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

NEW CHANNELS COMING TO A FIOS TV NEAR YOU!!!!

SQUIDWARD360
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: NEW CHANNELS COMING TO A FIOS TV NEAR YOU!!!!

Message 51 of 60
(7,574 Views)
It has been Coming Soon since November.
MarvKirsch
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 52 of 60
(7,201 Views)
Techman:  I'm on Long Island, NY, with compitition from Cablevision.  I have triple play with HBO & Movies, very happy with FIOS for over 2 years.  There is one issue that everyone seems to be dancing around, and that is MSNBC in areas that Cablevision serves.  I even went as far as complain to the FCC about Cablevision.  To my surprise, Cablevision called me.....AND LIED TO MY FACE!!!  I asked: "When will your exclusive contract with MSNBC expire?" to which I was told: "We have no exclusive contract, Verizon is holding back".  While I tried just to get an answer, I felt as if I was going against city hall.  I finally just gave up.  I hopeful that once the exclusive MSNBC distribution contract ends (and I'm sure there is one), FIOS will be in a position to start broadcasting.  Heck, MSNBC is in almost all other territories.  I know that FIOS is in court with Cablevision for the rights to broadcast MSG-HD.  Considering how bad the Knicks are, this is no great loss.  So after this long winded babble....Do you have any idea as to when the Cablevision-MSNBC exclusive contract may be ending??
snuka12000
Contributor
Contributor

Message 53 of 60
(6,583 Views)

We just got Fios and to my surprise Fios doesn't have one of my favorite channels, MSNBC.

Why doesn't Fios have MSNBC?  MSNBC should be added to the channel line-up.

nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 54 of 60
(6,556 Views)

Assuming you are in a Cablevision area you cannot get it since there is a some deal between MSNBC and Cablevision.  I am in a Comcast area so I have it.  I can not get an answer as to when Verizon will be able to carry MSNBC in Cablevision areas.

If you are not in a Cablevision area then dunno.

@snuka12000 wrote:

We just got Fios and to my surprise Fios doesn't have one of my favorite channels, MSNBC.

snuka12000
Contributor
Contributor

Message 55 of 60
(6,554 Views)
Well, I think that I am in a Cablevision Area.  That sucks!
lite
Contributor
Contributor

Message 56 of 60
(6,444 Views)

I live in, a Cablevision area (came from Cablevision) . I was also a Dish Network customer. Dish had MSNBC, Fios does not, SOMEONE is lying.

zooky
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 57 of 60
(6,344 Views)

@snuka12000 wrote:

This must be on a Regional basis because I pretty much stay glued to it.  I'm in the Seattle area.  otoh - mayhaps I'm watching an MSBC wannabe?

nascar
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 58 of 60
(6,330 Views)

I don't think someone is lying.  There is a distinction between terrestrial transmission of content and content that is sent to a bird.

It isn't easy to find it all out but the FCC is a good place to start.

@lite wrote:

I live in, a Cablevision area (came from Cablevision) . I was also a Dish Network customer. Dish had MSNBC, Fios does not, SOMEONE is lying.

TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 59 of 60
(6,327 Views)

@nascar wrote:

I don't think someone is lying.  There is a distinction between terrestrial transmission of content and content that is sent to a bird.

It isn't easy to find it all out but the FCC is a good place to start.

@lite wrote:

I agree am sure it has to do with the way the signal is sent to the TV, one is ground wired, the other is satellite.

MarvKirsch
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 60 of 60
(6,315 Views)
Bottom line:  If you live in a Cablevision served area (as I do) you will not be able to receive MSNBC on FIOS until the exclusive distribution contract (That Cablevision denies exists, {please keep your posts courteous}) ends, and no one seems to know when that will be.  Be advised that there is always the possibility that the exlusive distribtion contract could be extended, although I don't know why MSNBC would do that ($$$$$ talks Smiley Happy)
Message Edited by KaLin on 04-01-2009 12:13 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.