NFL Redzone coming up "Subscription Required"
rivertin89
Enthusiast - Level 2

First off I have no stb's. I only have a cablecard.When I go to channel 835 it brings up Subcription required there is no music or splash screen. I've contacted support through chat and it must have been at least 2 hours of sending back and forth from billing and tech departments. One guy told me I only get the Online Redzone and the tv cost $55. The second guy tried to add some "coding" to my account but said it was unavailable. The next told me it was because it was off season and I try to explain that I should still get the splash screen with music.

He transfered to another guy who resent the activation sugnals to the cablecard which didn't work.That guy sent me to another guy that told me I needed to check the box for redzone at the ordering process (Which is not there btw) so then he tried to add it to the account and couldn't get it to work.He sent to another guy who said he wrote a note on my account that read "NOTE TO BILLING: YOU MUST WRITE RECAP ORDER TO ADD ON ZERO RATED RED ZONE"Then he sent me to another dude asked me all the same stuff and I explain to him the process I was through he then set up a conference chat with someon from tech.

The tech guy told me to click on the banner page which is not there because I dont have a stb I have a cablecard. So he got his floor supervisor to call my cel phone and assure me they are working on the problem. The chat id number was {edited for privacy}

I just want this problem fixed. I dont want to tune in the first day and not be able to watch the games.All in all the techs were very diligent in trying to fix it. Well all except one guy named Keith who was  a complete and {please keep your posts courteous}

Re: NFL Redzone coming up "Subscription Required"
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

NFL redzone is currently inactive any way.

0 Likes
rivertin89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it suppose to be inactive? Like not show up at all and say subscription required? Cause I can't seem to get a definitive answer from Verizon. I just came from Comcast and their Redzone channel is always active (Splash screen, music,tune in Sept. etc). If that is the case then could someone from Verizon tell me why exactly do they inactivate the channel? Thank you.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@rivertin89 wrote:

Is it suppose to be inactive? Like not show up at all and say subscription required? Cause I can't seem to get a definitive answer from Verizon. I just came from Comcast and their Redzone channel is always active (Splash screen, music,tune in Sept. etc). If that is the case then could someone from Verizon tell me why exactly do they inactivate the channel? Thank you.

The splash screen goes inactive because Verizon uses the channel space for other things in the off season.

0 Likes
mehthesheep
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me start by saying I have had NFL RedZone for 2 years now and it worked just fine until 2 weeks ago.  I also must indicate that I have a CableCard and do not have any other Set top boxes.  I thus cannot go to channel 335 or 835 and click ok to activate these channels.  I tried working with tech support last week for over an hour.  I tried again today for over an hour at which point the y forwarded me to billing for another hour at which point they told me they would call back.  Billing eventually called back a few hours later and left no message.  The billing person then emailed me the same suggestion she had given me while I was working with her and had been given to me 3 times earlier,  I cannot click ok on channel 335 or 835 as I do not have a set top box.  From what I have read Verizon is now periodically deactivating the NFL RedZone channel so they can reduce the fees paid to the NFL.  I watch this channel frequently and is one of the main reasons I have the Verizon Ultimate HD channel.  It has now been 2 weeks and the one channel in this package that I watch still does not work.  Can someone please fix this issue for me and activate this channel on my account by adding the :Zero Rated NFL Red Zone" to my account. I don't see how a poor design on Verizon's part should prevent me from getting the channels I am paying for and watch regularly.  Let me also remind you that I have been a loyal Verizon subscriber for over 7 years.

Apparently I am not the only one to have this problem apparently you did this to many cablecard subscribers as indicated in this verizon forum:

http://businessforums.verizon.net/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Cable-Cards/m-p/633275

"If you only have cable cards (or if the activation from the stb fails), you need to call orders and ask for the Zero Rated NFL Red Zone for Ultimate HD to be added. If the person you get doesn't know anything about it, ask for a supervisor. I got that added to my account, and now all my tivos show the red zone splash screen on ch 835/335. As the Zero Rated part of that name implies, it is not an additional cost. I suspect it's a way to track those that actually use the channel in order to then pay the NFL less, rather than having to report everyone who subscribes to Ultimate HD as a subscriber to the Red Zone."

Please let me know when this issue is resolved.  Let me also indicate that this channel is in a package I pay for since this seems to come up with each new person I speak to.

Other Sources for users with the exact same issue:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/NFL-Redzone-coming-up-quot-Subscription-Re...
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27404450-HD-NFL-red-Zone~start=60
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r27404450-HD-NFL-red-Zone~start=90  "NFL RedZone Zero Rated (as in no charge)"

Thank you

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

mehthesheep

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mehthesheep,

While we can confirm that Redzone is active on the account, after multiple requests we have not had confirmation from you that everything is working properly. As such we are closing your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your Verizon Service please make a new post and we will be happy to look into it for you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes