Re: NHL Center Ice -- a question and a problem
defense11
Enthusiast - Level 1
That's what Verizon promotional literature tells me, but I can't order through the remote and when I call the orders department, I'm told the NHL Center Ice is not available if you only have HD receivers. I have to use one standard receiver, which I could have done if I had known that at the time of installation. I've called several times for NHL Network and never gotten an explanation why it isn't available in my area. When I tune to channel 87 or 587, the channels say I need to subscribe, which you and I know isn't true. Its a crazy situation.
0 Likes
defense11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks,

I subscribe to Extreme HD and NHL Network is still not available. I've been told that problems don't get solved until enough people complain so that it get elevated on their priority lists.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Are you receiving CBS College Sports and all the sports stations located in the 300's?
Message Edited by matcarl on 01-16-2009 01:27 PM
0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Good point Mat..

Defense-

Do you get Versus HD on 590, WFN HD, Tennis HD, and so on? These also require Extreme HD, so if you do receive those, something is wrong..

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

ok here's the low down

in order to get NHL Network you will need to subscribe to NHL Center Ice as it is included in that package.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
NHL Network is available to everyone who has Extreme except NY & northern NJ. He mentioned he's in central Jersey. I don't know where the line ends where he needs the separate sports package for that channel. Do you get the other sports stations in the 300's?
0 Likes
spy178
Enthusiast - Level 2

EDIT: Thanks, that clears it up.  Do they not have the Extreme HD Package in NY/NJ? If so why not?

I get NHL Network and I'm not subscribed to NHL CI.  I have the extreme HD package.  If what you are saying was true...you would have a lot of very upset hockey fans.  It's not like that for any other provider. 

Message Edited by spy178 on 01-16-2009 10:39 AM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
He is on the Northern border of the central area thus not able to get it......Don't worry about having to have anyother boxes that's just plain silly but NHL Center Ice may or may not be required as I got 2 different answers. I'll find out for sure but in the mean time its not available.
Message Edited by Techman28 on 01-16-2009 12:52 PM
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
He can pay $7.99 extra to get NHL plus all the other sports stations.
0 Likes