NO SIGNAL after switching HDMI sources.
smaster121

I 'switch' HDMI sources through my Onkyo AV Receiver. One is the Motorola QIP6416-2 STB, the other is a Sony PS3.

Assume both the STB and the PS3 have been on for an hour or more. Assume I then switch from the STB to the PS3 (I do not turn the STB off). The switch goes fine. Now assume after an hour or so I switch back from the PS3 to the STB. The Receiver reports "NO SIGNAL" from the STB HDMI out. No audio, no video, nothing from the STB HDMI out.The STB is still on and I receive audio from the STB's analog audio out jacks.

The only solution is to pull the plug on the STB. 

Reverse the sequence; start with the STB and switch to the PS3 (which has likewise been on for an hour or so) and the PS3 HDMI signal is present.

I am thinking... does the STB somehow 'know' that it has been feeding a signal to, effectively, nothing and shut down the HDMI out signal? If so, why wouldn't a simple POR on the STB resolve the problem?

Or is something else going on?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: NO SIGNAL after switching HDMI sources.
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1

@smaster121 wrote:

I 'switch' HDMI sources through my Onkyo AV Receiver. One is the Motorola QIP6416-2 STB, the other is a Sony PS3.

Assume both the STB and the PS3 have been on for an hour or more. Assume I then switch from the STB to the PS3 (I do not turn the STB off). The switch goes fine. Now assume after an hour or so I switch back from the PS3 to the STB. The Receiver reports "NO SIGNAL" from the STB HDMI out. No audio, no video, nothing from the STB HDMI out.The STB is still on and I receive audio from the STB's analog audio out jacks.

The only solution is to pull the plug on the STB. 

Reverse the sequence; start with the STB and switch to the PS3 (which has likewise been on for an hour or so) and the PS3 HDMI signal is present.

I am thinking... does the STB somehow 'know' that it has been feeding a signal to, effectively, nothing and shut down the HDMI out signal? If so, why wouldn't a simple POR on the STB resolve the problem?

Or is something else going on?

All ports should be active on the FiOS STB at the same time. I have read that some have had problems with Onkyo's so im guessing that is where the problem is. See if there is a firmware update for your Onkyo, that may fix it.

0 Likes