Switch Account

Navigating Netflix with FIOS Remote

Navigating Netflix with FIOS Remote

Contributor wichee
Contributor
Message 1 of 6
(3,375 Views)

I'm new to FIOS.  I know how to access Netflix using the widget button, and I know how to select what I wish to watch.  However, once the program has ended, how to I get back to the Netflix menu without exiting Netflix and coming back in again?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Miketee
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 6
(3,291 Views)

Press the left arrow key and it will bring you back to the Netflix menu. It took me a few times to learn this as well. You can also wait until the onscreen prompt comes up that says "Back" in the top left corner. 

Contributor wichee
Contributor
Message 3 of 6
(3,261 Views)

Thanks!  And I'll be able to use the other buttons on the remote, such as Closed Caption and picture size...to zoom?

Copper Contributor Miketee
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 6
(3,067 Views)

Yes

Contributor TGhost
Contributor
Message 5 of 6
(1,430 Views)

This is not true for me. Neither the cc key (*) or the picture size (#) buttons on my FiOS remote work on Netflix. Actually, the Netflix app on FiOS is terribly supper laggy. Is there something wrong with my equipment?

Contributor wichee
Contributor
Message 6 of 6
(1,389 Views)

I've discovered that Netflix has it's own CC option...I think it's shown under 'subtitles' on the individual show/movie you are viewing.  It will stay on however, for all subsequent viewings unless you turn it off for what you are currently viewing.  As for the picture aspect, I cannot tell you how much it annoys me that we cannot control that.  I don't think it's a FIOS issue because I had the same issue with Optimum.  It doesn't work with Amazon Prime either.  BUT if you watch on a PC, you can go "Full Screen" and get rid of those annoy bars that block out half the picture.  Go figure!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.