Navigating Netflix with FIOS Remote
wichee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm new to FIOS.  I know how to access Netflix using the widget button, and I know how to select what I wish to watch.  However, once the program has ended, how to I get back to the Netflix menu without exiting Netflix and coming back in again?

0 Likes
Re: Navigating Netflix with FIOS Remote
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Press the left arrow key and it will bring you back to the Netflix menu. It took me a few times to learn this as well. You can also wait until the onscreen prompt comes up that says "Back" in the top left corner. 

wichee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!  And I'll be able to use the other buttons on the remote, such as Closed Caption and picture size...to zoom?

0 Likes
Miketee1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes

0 Likes
TGhost

This is not true for me. Neither the cc key (*) or the picture size (#) buttons on my FiOS remote work on Netflix. Actually, the Netflix app on FiOS is terribly supper laggy. Is there something wrong with my equipment?

0 Likes
wichee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've discovered that Netflix has it's own CC option...I think it's shown under 'subtitles' on the individual show/movie you are viewing.  It will stay on however, for all subsequent viewings unless you turn it off for what you are currently viewing.  As for the picture aspect, I cannot tell you how much it annoys me that we cannot control that.  I don't think it's a FIOS issue because I had the same issue with Optimum.  It doesn't work with Amazon Prime either.  BUT if you watch on a PC, you can go "Full Screen" and get rid of those annoy bars that block out half the picture.  Go figure!

0 Likes