Need Help Recording Programs from my DVR to my VCR
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone please tell to reocrd a program from DVR to my VCR without getting  all snow

Here is my set up 

TV- Sony

VCR/DVD- Sony  SLV-D300P

DVR- QIP7200

0 Likes
Re: Need Help Recording Programs from my DVR to my VCR
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1
We would need the type of cables being run between your DVR and the VCR to give you specifics
0 Likes
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3
All I know  the cables are white
0 Likes
spacedebrisR
Contributor - Level 1

Well from the STB to the VCR you will have probably one of three different kinds of connections....

1. Coax cable.  this will be a screw on cable running from the STB to the VCR.  Single cable connected to silver posts by a screw on nut

2.  A/V cables.  this will be a cable with 3 colored ends...RED, WHITE, and YELLOW

3.  Component cables (this one is not likely but I have seen a few VCR's that use these). This is a set of cables with 5 colored ends. RED, WHITE, GREEN, BLUE, and RED

0 Likes
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3

THe cables I have

1. Coax cable.  this will be a screw on cable running from the STB to the VCR.  Single cable connected to silver posts by a screw on nut

2.  A/V cables.  this will be a cable with 3 colored ends...RED, WHITE, and YELLO
Message Edited by KJH278 on 04-30-2009 03:41 PM
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

How many threads do you need for the same question?  This was asked HERE and answered, but you seem incapable of taking the instructions given successfully.

Yellow from DVR Video Out to VCR Video In

White from DVR Audio Left Out to VCR Audio Left In

Red from DVR Audio Out  Right to VCR Audio Right In

The inset color of the RCA jacks (color inside the silver ring) matches the cables.

Set VCR to LINE INPUT, play the DVR recording and record on the VCR.  If that is too difficult then get Geek Squad or someone who understands how to connect components.  The connections are also shown in the DVR manual.

I have been using this exact set of connections for 2 years and it works fine.

0 Likes
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3
who on earth is the geek squard and how do i get a hold them
0 Likes
KJH278
Enthusiast - Level 3
as I said in my other post my DVR did come with a yellow cord  it came with 2 white and a red one
0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

In order to avoid board clutter, we ask that you post your topic on one board only.
As Keyboards stated in his post above, please look ---> HERE for replies to your topic.

Thank you all for your input.  This thread will now be closed.

0 Likes