Need Sceptre TV Remote Control code(s) that work with VZ P265v3RC -- the '335' code does NOT
robertop

Recently upgraded my TV's in my house with new Sceptre 40" and 50" TV's - thank you WalMart. Purchased in September 2014. (new / current Sceptre TVs).

All of the Verizon printed, online, and other documentation for the P265V3 RC (model RC2655005/01B) for Sceptre shows to use code '335'.   I have tried the '335' code on both of the TV's and no worky at all. 

Following the 'Quick Setup Guide-Verizon FIOS remote' steps (paper/PDF instructions with RC Manual):

• I can successfully enter the '335' code as outlned in step 4... and 'The RED LED will blink twice and then stay on'. occurs.  So far, so good.
  • Step 5 states, "5. Press and release the <CH +> button repeatedly until the TV turns off......."   This happens perfectly... I can press the <CH+>> button a few times, and indeed, my TV turns off.
  • Now, onto Step 6: "Test that the remote control is programmed for your TV".....  can't get Mute, A/V, other keys to activate /. be recognized - even though I'm followijng "press and hold that key. Release it as soon as it works"

Does anyone have a working code for Sceptre TV's ??? The Verizon '335' code doesn't work for me.

I need the 'best code' anyone has found that works with new Sceptre TV's.... the 335 code that VZ recommends... no worky.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need Sceptre TV Remote Control code(s) that work with VZ P265v3RC -- the '335' code does NOT
Techman28
Master - Level 1

Robertop,

have you tried the following? The info below  is found here

1. Turn on your TV and the FiOS TV Set-Top Box.
    Make sure you can see live TV.

2. Press and hold the OK and FiOS TV buttons together then release both buttons.
    The red LED light blinks 2 times and then stays on.

3. Press and hold the Play button.
    The remote control tries a new TV code every second.
    The red LED light blinks each time a new code is sent.

4. When the TV turns off, release the Play button immediately.

NOTE: Some TVs may respond slower than others. If necessary, you can press the Ch+ and Ch- buttons to go forward or backward one TV code at a time.

5. Test your remote to ensure it is working properly:
    - Turn on the TV by pressing the TV button on your FiOS TV remote.
    - Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons to ensure that you can control the volume.
    - Press the Mute and A/V buttons to ensure they work.

If any of these buttons do not work, press and hold that button. Release the button as soon as it works.

6. If all the buttons work, press OK to this TV remote code.
    The red LED light blinks 3 times and then turns off. Your remote control is now programmed.
0 Likes
Re: Need Sceptre TV Remote Control code(s) that work with VZ P265v3RC -- the '335' code does NOT
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The universal method described is really good. Sometimes it only powers on/off the tv. Volume doesnt work. If that happens to you, then ger the manual and do the individual key programming steps
0 Likes