Need an ALERT on tv screen for dvr conflicts.
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I think it would be good if we could see an alert on the DVR screens on the tv when there is a conflict. I often miss these.  Why not add it?  put a yellow triangle on the screen or something to signal this.  We should be alerted instead of having to check the scheduling and then find it.  that requires steps and you have to remember to check it each week. This would be a great idea and customers would appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Need an ALERT on tv screen for dvr conflicts.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

These forums are peer to peer.  Hopefully Verizon will add something to replace the forum they had for such suggestions, but discontinued a few years ago.

Your suggestion sounds interesting.  I don't know if any of the DVR's have such a feature, or the ability to automatically try to find an alternate time for a conflicted program.  I went to Quantum service, upto 6 recordings possible, to avoid such conflicts,  I rarely get close to using all my tuners, I only have stb's for two rooms, which leaves 4 or 5 available for recordings.

0 Likes
Re: Need an ALERT on tv screen for dvr conflicts.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model DVR do you have?

Are you talking about the scheduled list or live?

I have Quantum and get a pop up when there is a pending conflict (a minute or so before the conflict).

Depending on your DVR, it can be hard to predict a conflict.

It will depend on what channel the DVR is tuned to at the time.

Or with Quantum, what IPCs are active and what channel they are tuned to.

0 Likes