Need help getting VOD and Search to work with My Own Router and Quantum 1100G behind it
gw2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, my setup looked like this:

ONT-CAT5-Asus RT-N66U WAN port

ONT-Coax to splitter (Splitter connected to Quantum 1100G Coax port and all STBs 

The 1100G is set to Bridge Mode and its LAN port connected to a LAN port on the RT-N66U. All DHCP and Router functions are turned off on the Quantum.

The network is configured as a single class C LAN (192.168.50.0/24).The Asus and the 1100G each have their own individual static addresses on my LAN. (192.168.50.1, 192.168.50.2).

I have the FIOS TV setup with the "main" STB being a DVR, and the other STBs act as clients to this one.

Issue: VOD and Search do not work. DVR works fine. STBs get their DHCP addresses no problem but System Information on the main DVR says: VOD Server Status Failed.

Verizon says I MUST have the Quantum be my router to make this work, but I don't want to believe them. I have even tried cloning the MAC address of the 1100G on the WAN Ethernet port of my primary Asus router and released/renewed my DHCP address with FIOS but no change. I'm told there's no port forwarding required, but there must be some sort of secret communication going on  between the Quantum and Verizon. Can I duplicate it? HELP! Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Need help getting VOD and Search to work with My Own Router and Quantum 1100G behind it
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios?

Under section 3.1 you can see the different ways to accomplish this task.

Re: Need help getting VOD and Search to work with My Own Router and Quantum 1100G behind it
gw2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks - will look

0 Likes
gw2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

The posting you referred me to has eveolved. Right at the bottom someone explains that you can use port forwarding to eliminate the third router. I did this on my my primary router: port forwarded TCP 35000->9001 on DVR and UDP 63145- to DVR.

This enabled the DVR to work remotely (with my iPhone My Fios TV app) and fixed the search feature on the media server. However, the VOD connection still doesn't work. Under System Information, it still shows VOD Server Status: Failed

Any ideas folks?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the Internet Forums, there is an updated guide on using your own router with FIOS TV service.

jonjones1
Legend

Restart your set top box. See if that fixes the issue.

i remember responding to this on Wednesday and noting my reply is not showing.

its something i laugh at. In any case you can ask those questions at dsl reports under fios 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiber

Where the internet gurus can assist you better.