Need help with my TOP Box--can't change the channels
softrocky
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't change the channels, go to Guide or Menu by using the Remote Control. (it's not the remote control because i use this remote for my other topbox and it works fine)

This happened a few hours after i had my Fios installed. (at first, it let me change the channels, then 5 times,2 and now i cant)

Does any one have the same problem and have a solution for this?

Thank you very much.

0 Likes
Re: Need help with my TOP Box--can't change the channels
xfactor
Enthusiast - Level 3

do the front display buttons work?   and how close is it to the tv,  some tv's create IR interference, and if the set top is too close then it acts how you are describing. 

three solutions if that is the case.

1. move the set top box further away
  2. change the TV brightness and color settings from the "vibrant" setting or whatever brightest they have and then try again
  3. Get an IR Extender so that you can move the IR 'eye' - verizon can send you one, they have them on their site or you can buy one at radioshack. 

try moving it further away for a test only,  or try to get like a piece of cardboard and shield the eye from the TV.  So if the TV is on top put that piece of cardboard inbetween the two, if they are sitting side by side, then put it inbetween the tv so it shields from one another and try it again.  

Might not be your problem, but we have seen it before. 

Also don't forget to do old faithful,  unplugging the power for the set top box, wait 30 seconds plug it back in resolves a lot of minor hiccups. 

0 Likes