Need to fix Caller ID daily
shtuffguy

My Caller ID started to flake out several months ago.   Seemed to be around same time I had to replace my broken -DVR/Cable box; but that may or may not be true.    

I would go through the self service screens to correct, but finally called support.   Was told that something noticed on their end and that 'corrected'.    Stopped working next day again.     

Every morning I call house from cell phone and no caller ID.   I do the self service.   Usually don't see the CID, but calling again I see the cell phone number.  As a note, I do power down my router nightly. 

Hopefully someone from verizon monitors this forum as I don't have patience to sit through a phone call with someone doing another temporary solution.    

0 Likes
Re: Need to fix Caller ID daily
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried disabling and then re-enabling?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Have your run the Caller ID troubleshooting process in the STB Customer Support menu?

0 Likes
shtuffguy

Thanks for both replies.  I'd have replied sooner, but I never got email alert that thread updated even though I'm sure I checked the appropriate box.  I just checked it again, so will see.   

1-   By saying 'self service' I meant doing the Caller ID troubleshooting process in the STB Customer Support menu. I've doing that daily.

2- I just disabled/enabled.    Caller ID popped up after that, but I had already did self service to get back earlier in morning.     

Hopefully will work again for next few days and I can wean myselft off the daily calls to myself.   Will update when smoke clears (or doesn't).

0 Likes
shtuffguy

Oh well.   Still not working.   If I can't find way to open a problem ticket online, will have to spend more time on phone.. 

0 Likes