Re: Need to replace my VERIZON remote
Teacher23

I unscrewed the small screw but could not see how to take the case off. It seemed sealed as one piece. Maybe I had a different remote.

0 Likes
Overviewer

No, you have the same remote. It is really hard to get the two pieces apart. I had to use and exacto knife to break the connection and then force a small screw drive in the small space I created. It then separated and I was able to try to clean the surfaces. I cleaned the rubber pads with Dove since it is the best at cleaning any greasy substance. It went back together surprisingly easy. Unfortunately, my remote still did not work properly. I hope it works for you.

0 Likes
Sootyb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Alcohol (not the drinking kind) also works if you don't have any Windex (who doesn't have Windex - guess how I found out that alcohol works???)

Sootyb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seeker1437   what does  "dpijg" mean and how do you do it?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Sootyb wrote:

Seeker1437   what does  "dpijg" mean and how do you do it?

I think it was a typo for "doing". Follow these steps...

Menu > Customer support > Top support tool > Replace Fios remote. 

You can do it right on the TV. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind that there will be a charge to replace remote.

Denali2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great post!!

I decided to use CRC Electronic Cleaner.  I filled up a very small container with the liquid and used cotton swabs to apply the cleaner to the contact points to clean them.  Electronic cleaner basically dries on contact and leaves no residue and is plastic safe.  My   remote works like new!

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes