Netflix audio keeps dropping VMS 4100
Dash38

Wondering if anyone else has this issue or knows what problem is?  Within a minute of launching Netflix app on VMs 4100 I get a significant video jitter then video comes back but I have lost Netflix audio.  No issue with on demand or you tube or regular cable doing this. Just Netflix.  If I reset box fixes issue for an hour or so.  This usually happens during peak hours like 6 pm until 11 pm.  Fios tech support little help.  Have reset Netflix app.  No help.  Might be the VMS itself so I might swap but thought I would see if any help here. 

0 Likes
Re: Netflix audio keeps dropping VMS 4100
appleguru1

Having the same issues... VMS4100 running FW KA25.02.04.15Alder.e41b3f72

Any resolution?

0 Likes
Dash38

No. I had an hour session with Netflix engineer and they admit it is their issue and likely has to do something with too much caching.  There was no ad hoc fix but will require across system update. No ETA on that fix.  Meantime I got the second smaller server box and Netflix works fine.  

0 Likes
RPSJr1

Resetting Netflix app appears to have solved for me. 

Settings/System/Info button 

then OK button

0 Likes
Exsota

Tried resetting per above....no luck.

0 Likes
BatteryAcid

Hi - 

My in laws and I just recently upgraded to Fios One and we both have this issue. The audio drops out after about a minute. Netflix worked fine on the old Fios box. Seems like it would be a Fios box issue not a Netflix issue, since that’s all that changed. Any word on a fix for this issue?

thanks,

chris

0 Likes
Dash38

No.  Still happening on mine.  When it first happened, I had Fios come out and switch box etc. I had them on phone and they insist a Netflix issue esp since no audio issue with any other streaming (you tube, Vod). 

And i I must say Netflix seemed to agree when i had half hour call with senior engineer that it was on the Netflix side (or at least the Netflix app that is on the Fios box). He did not try to claim Fios fault.  While he could not confirm issue, he did say that he thought it would get fixed by update.  Obviously had not happened.  

0 Likes
buyrite

I am having this issue also.  Netflix works on all boxes in my house excpet for one. The one I get the issue on is one of the main hard wired boxes. The only other difference I have noted is that this particular box is also playing audio out through my receiver. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but this is awfully frustrating. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try setting the audio option on the misbehaving box to LPCM? Made sure SAP is off? Is the Netflix programming in HDR with Dolby Atomos?

0 Likes
buyrite

I will play with these settings tonight. 

0 Likes