Netflix not loading
Rick5472
Contributor - Level 2

Netflix does not load on one of my smart Samsung sets via channel 838. I have to use the app on the TV to get Netflix to load. Is there some kind of conflict between my smart TV and FIOS? Some time ago, I was able to use either the FIOS widget Or the TV app but now only the smart TV app seems to work on one of my sets. 

0 Likes
Re: Netflix not loading
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No there is no conflict. It could be the box or the wiring. Try swapping that box to a location where it does work as see if it works there. If not it's the box. If it does work at the good location then it's possible that the wiring is bad. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does On Demand work on that box?

Have you tried rebooting it?

Bulldog24

I have the same issue, it started when I upgraded my box to Fios TV One. I spent an hour on the phone with customer support, they resest everything, blah, blah, blah. It didn't fix it. They said they had to work on it offline. I got a text message today saying it was fixed. I tried it and Netflix still won't work. Total **bleep**. 

0 Likes
FiosUserNYC123

So interesting. I had the same issue and even had a technician out here today.  He was able to make it work on his portable screen so he said it's a Samsung issue and not FiOS.  Now they want to charge me 99 bucks to have him here.  This is total bull**bleep**.   He even said that no one ever had this issue and low and behold I find this forum thread.   It's interesting that everything works including on demand except Netflix.   

I'm shocked that Verizon doesn't help to fix this.  

0 Likes
Midland1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Main Fios One in basement with Sharp loads no problem.   Just rewired Samsung set up upstairs with FIos One Mini. Picture is great and box is connected via wifi then hdmi to TV.  Entered credentials for Netflix fine, but when I call it up I just get Netflix logo on screen and a spinning. Circle as if it’s trying to load.   Either fios or Samsung or combo of 2, but would be great if they could resolve. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Midland wrote:

Same issue here. Main Fios One in basement with Sharp loads no problem.   Just rewired Samsung set up upstairs with FIos One Mini. Picture is great and box is connected via wifi then hdmi to TV.  Entered credentials for Netflix fine, but when I call it up I just get Netflix logo on screen and a spinning. Circle as if it’s trying to load.   Either fios or Samsung or combo of 2, but would be great if they could resolve. 

Is there any way for you to swap the boxes to see if the main box works with the Samsung TV? Curious to see if it truly is a Samsung issue.

Midland1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found this on another thread and it reset the Netflix app on the mini and worked.  the “hit info” is the info button on the remote. 

Go to menu - settings - system info

Hit info.

Use down arrow to second page.

It should say hit ok to reset netflix app.

Try that.

LanaG1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Guys,

This is what worked for me:

Step #1: reset Netflix

Go to menu - settings - system info

Hit info.

Use down arrow to second page.

It should say hit ok to reset netflix app.

Step #2:  While TV is still on, unplug it instead of using remote control.  Count to 20. Plug it back in.  Wait until it reboots.

Enjoy Netflix! 🙂

DlclN
Enthusiast - Level 1

No

0 Likes