Never Ending On Demand Audio/Video Issues
taverty

Every since my install in January of 2014 I have had issues with On Demand.  The picture and sound drop out constantly when watching movies.  Also, I can't watch On Demand on more than two TVs in the house at a time.  I've had technicians out on various occasions and they can never figure out the problem. They always say they’re going to escalate the problem and of course I never hear back. Whenever I call they have to re-open the ticket and send another first level technician. This has been going on since 2014 because it’s hard to keep calling and setting aside time for a technician to come out. 

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can get on demand fixed? It’s pretty much impossible to watch a movie because the audio and video drop out at least once every 3-5 minutes. It’s so bad I’ve resorted to purchasing an Amazon Fire Stick to catch up on HBO!  

Here's what they've tried so far:

Replaced all Motorola boxes with Cisco

Replaced ONT at least twice

Replaced Actiontec router twice  

I've upgrade to the Quantum Router (Did nothing to help on demand. And the wireless is worse than my old Netgear R6300)

Replaced coax splitter 

Tried adding coax amplifier

Everything above has done nothing to fix or impact the drop outs for better or worse.  The diagnostic screen on the STB's show pass and good on every category including MoCa.

We had Comcast prior to FiOS and never had OnDemand issues. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Never Ending On Demand Audio/Video Issues
ron511
Enthusiast - Level 1

What Internet speed do you have?  You can find out by doing the test at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/.  My download speed is measured at 13.6 Mbps. But I cannot  watch even 1 HD movie without it stopping to buffer every so often.  Sometimes it even hangs completely.  Watching 1 SD movie works fine.

0 Likes
taverty

I have 50/50 Internet.  I reliably get above 50/50 with very low latency. ~5ms or so.

I can stream from other services fine.  Like HBOGo on my Fire Stick and Amazon from all my TVs.  I can even have all three TVs going at a time with no issues.  That's the most frustrating part, it's definitely isolated to FiOS's service.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Parrafam

Has this been resolved for anyone?  Have had this issue for Over 2 years without resolution.  Getting ready to pull the plug on Fios. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes