New 32" LCD TV for FiOS
prisaz
Legend

I am looking for a new New 32" LCD TV for FiOS. I have 46" Samsung and have been happy with it, but I an looking at options.

Does anyone have any expert opinions on what to by or not to buy?

I do not want LED and I am looking to keep costs down. 1080 is a must.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New 32" LCD TV for FiOS
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

I am looking for a new New 32" LCD TV for FiOS. I have 46" Samsung and have been happy with it, but I an looking at options.

Forget the advice. I bought a cheep Vizio 32" LCD from Walmart $358. Only issue is it needs to be tuned because of a slightly green tinge to it. I adjusted it some then I was scolded for playing too much. Will adjust later when I get a HD STB. I have composite going in and it is enough to make you puke green. I believe the problems are from the 2500 composite out going to the TV in 480i mode. Soft picture and not the best thing to do for HD. I had the box connected to the 32" Sony CRT TV with S-Video. I guess Tuesday I will order a box. The stores say drop off only, and I would have ordered one and picked it up today, but billing is closed. Verizon needs to get a better system for that type of stuff. It's not you grandfathers phone company anymore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Forget the advice. I bought a cheep Vizio 32" LCD from Walmart $358. Only issue is it needs to be tuned because of a slightly green tinge to it. I adjusted it some then I was scolded for playing too much. Will adjust later when I get a HD STB. I have composite going in and it is enough to make you puke green. I believe the problems are from the 2500 composite out going to the TV in 480i mode. Soft picture and not the best thing to do for HD. I had the box connected to the 32" Sony CRT TV with S-Video. I guess Tuesday I will order a box. The stores say drop off only, and I would have ordered one and picked it up today, but billing is closed. Verizon needs to get a better system for that type of stuff. It's not you grandfathers phone company anymore.

0 Likes
AlexR2

You will never recognize the difference between 1080 and 720 for screen size less than 50". However, 720 is a chipper option.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@AlexR wrote:

You will never recognize the difference between 1080 and 720 for screen size less than 50". However, 720 is a chipper option.

Actually, depends how far from the set you are.  In a typical location probably true, but at 7 feet or under not true Smiley Wink

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Keyboards wrote:

@AlexR wrote:

Actually, depends how far from the set you are.  In a typical location probably true, but at 7 feet or under not true Smiley Wink

My 46" 1080 Samsung looks great at 4-6 feet.

But the 32" 720P Vizio looks ok, but at 7-8 feet while in bed it looks much better. Now that it is on the QIP-7100 and not the QIP-2500 it is so much better. I just like having it high enough on the wall where I can see it now without sitting up. Hey the 32" 500lb Sony picture tube TV would not stay on the wall.Smiley Wink

Happy camper.

0 Likes