Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

New 32" LCD TV for FiOS

SOLVED
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

New 32" LCD TV for FiOS

Message 1 of 5
(3,683 Views)

I am looking for a new New 32" LCD TV for FiOS. I have 46" Samsung and have been happy with it, but I an looking at options.

Does anyone have any expert opinions on what to by or not to buy?

I do not want LED and I am looking to keep costs down. 1080 is a must.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New 32" LCD TV for FiOS

Message 2 of 5
(3,643 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

I am looking for a new New 32" LCD TV for FiOS. I have 46" Samsung and have been happy with it, but I an looking at options.

Forget the advice. I bought a cheep Vizio 32" LCD from Walmart $358. Only issue is it needs to be tuned because of a slightly green tinge to it. I adjusted it some then I was scolded for playing too much. Will adjust later when I get a HD STB. I have composite going in and it is enough to make you puke green. I believe the problems are from the 2500 composite out going to the TV in 480i mode. Soft picture and not the best thing to do for HD. I had the box connected to the 32" Sony CRT TV with S-Video. I guess Tuesday I will order a box. The stores say drop off only, and I would have ordered one and picked it up today, but billing is closed. Verizon needs to get a better system for that type of stuff. It's not you grandfathers phone company anymore.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 2 of 5
(3,644 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

Forget the advice. I bought a cheep Vizio 32" LCD from Walmart $358. Only issue is it needs to be tuned because of a slightly green tinge to it. I adjusted it some then I was scolded for playing too much. Will adjust later when I get a HD STB. I have composite going in and it is enough to make you puke green. I believe the problems are from the 2500 composite out going to the TV in 480i mode. Soft picture and not the best thing to do for HD. I had the box connected to the 32" Sony CRT TV with S-Video. I guess Tuesday I will order a box. The stores say drop off only, and I would have ordered one and picked it up today, but billing is closed. Verizon needs to get a better system for that type of stuff. It's not you grandfathers phone company anymore.

View solution in original post

AlexR
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(3,305 Views)

You will never recognize the difference between 1080 and 720 for screen size less than 50". However, 720 is a chipper option.

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(3,302 Views)

@AlexR wrote:

You will never recognize the difference between 1080 and 720 for screen size less than 50". However, 720 is a chipper option.

Actually, depends how far from the set you are.  In a typical location probably true, but at 7 feet or under not true Smiley Wink

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 5
(3,287 Views)

@Keyboards wrote:

@AlexR wrote:

Actually, depends how far from the set you are.  In a typical location probably true, but at 7 feet or under not true Smiley Wink

My 46" 1080 Samsung looks great at 4-6 feet.

But the 32" 720P Vizio looks ok, but at 7-8 feet while in bed it looks much better. Now that it is on the QIP-7100 and not the QIP-2500 it is so much better. I just like having it high enough on the wall where I can see it now without sitting up. Hey the 32" 500lb Sony picture tube TV would not stay on the wall.Smiley Wink

Happy camper.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title