New 7232 STB Issues
jperk10

I just received two new Motorola 7232 HD DVR's, one works fine, the other not so much. I have had the box activated twice now and I reset it multiple times and still most channels are not coming in. After an activation, a reboot, or a reset the channels will work temporarily but after short time the Channel Unavailable message appears. Is the box bad?

I'm thinking about just sending it back and using the older DVR which I haven't sent back yet just because I don't feel like dealing with this anymore.

0 Likes
Re: New 7232 STB Issues
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it could be the box - but it sounds like it's the coax cable going to the room. 

a good definitive test, would be to take the box to the room that is working fine, and hook it up there, and see if the problem stays in the room or if it follows the box.   If it follows the box then it's pretty much a bad cable box.  if it stays in the room, then you have a problem with the coax in that room.  You can either clean the ends up and reconnect the coax real firm and tight (at both the wall and at the set top box) or replace the cable altogether. 

I've had to reconnect in a specific room a few times (problem would get fixed by reseating the coax cable for months on end until it happened again), and ultimately I ended up replacing the cable and the problem went away. 

0 Likes
jperk10

I will try that but is it possible that the coax cable could work for the old STB and not the new one? The old box never had this issue.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

only if a thread didn't make contact, or it wasn't as firm a connection as you originally thought.    Which happens.  Those cables can be deceivingly tight when they are in fact not making a good contact. 

0 Likes