Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New Alert - Low Remote Battery Warning. How can you turn this off.

KenEhrsam
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

New Alert - Low Remote Battery Warning. How can you turn this off.

Message 1 of 3
(3,256 Views)

This morning, a new alert for a low battery on the remote appeared on the upper left of the DVR.  It would flash for a few seconds, go away and come back in a couple of minutes.  How can this alert be turned off?  I have too many remotes to try and figure out which one is the issue. Besides all the remotes are working.  I have a 7232 DVR.

2 REPLIES 2
CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New Alert - Low Remote Battery Warning. How can you turn this off.

Message 2 of 3
(3,224 Views)

Haven't seen a way to turn it off.

But it should only come on for teh remote that is in use at the time the alert shows up.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
KenEhrsam
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: New Alert - Low Remote Battery Warning. How can you turn this off.

Message 3 of 3
(3,185 Views)

Thanks.  Over the years, I've collected a number of Verizon remotes.  Seems everytime you get or replace a set top box, you get a new remote.  So I could be using a number of remotes, including a logitec.  Who knows which remote has a low battery.  It does not seem to impact the remote performance.  When the batteries die, it is pretty obvious.  So, at least for me, the icon is not very helpful.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.