New Channel Guide - 2 different format on 2 TV's
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got the upgraded channel guide and have a funky issue with it.

42' LG with a 7100-1 STB shows 2 1/2 hours of programming (guide wraps from side to side of the screen)

79' Mitsubishi with a 6200-2 STB only shows 90 minutes (guide has black bars on both sides).

Both TV's are set to 1080i  16:9

The different formats were in place day 1 of the upgrade.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Channel Guide - 2 different format on 2 TV's
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmm, got a PM and a phone call from tech support escalation as a result of a post on the IMG 1.9 blog. Seems the rep I just spoke to says there is an issue with IMG 1.9 and the 6100 STB and she's not sure why the other support contact said there would be a charge to swap the STB.

She's sending a 7100 - at no charge - out on Monday. Smiley Very Happy

Special thanks to Justin who magically got the escalation person to contact me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Series think about replacing the 6416 DVR.  It cannot support the HD quide.  Also if Verizon starts to go to MPEG-4 (rumored), it cannot support that either.  You should be able to get a newer (but maybe not newest) box for free.

0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty much thought it might be a STB issue.

Also just noticed the 6200 STB doesn't have the option to auto select for 3D in the menu. Bummer because both TV's are 3d capable.

Guess I'll tough out a call to tech support to see if they will swap out the 6200.

0 Likes
SackUSMC27
I'm having the exact same issue. Got a bedroom and living room tv with the different guide settings. While Glenn from live chat support was of no help, I was able to see that, in addition to the 3D option missing on my one tv, there are also some Video Settings that are missing--namely the Graphics Settings tab, which I can confirm is what changes the resolution of the guide/menu/etc. (and gives you 2.5 hours of upcoming programming instead of the 90 minutes from before 1.9).

What confuses me is that, while I don't know your situation, I was given both set-top boxes at the same time when I signed up for FiOS earlier this year, and I don't understand why they would give me one that could handle the upcoming firmware updates and one that could not.

I am currently waiting on hold for a representative to take my call, but I will come back afterwards to let you know my outcome.
0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

My  initial install had 2 of the 7100's. Had a problem with one several months ago and the mail in replacement was the 6200. I called when I received  the 6200 as the replacement because I knew it was an older STB. Rep said same functionality .

Might have been true then but apparently not now.

Anxious to hear how your call goes.

0 Likes
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the phone with tech support for nearly 45 minutes as "we" go through all the trouble shooting steps. "We're' rebooted several times, forced the 1.9 down load twice and did a hard boot by disconnecting the power and coax cables.

Have now lost my favorites settings but still have the same issue.

I mentioned the forum community indicated the 6100 STB doesn't support all the features of 1.9, rep says they haven't gotten any notification of this.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@MarylandFiOSFan wrote:

On the phone with tech support for nearly 45 minutes as "we" go through all the trouble shooting steps. "We're' rebooted several times, forced the 1.9 down load twice and did a hard boot by disconnecting the power and coax cables.

Have now lost my favorites settings but still have the same issue.

I mentioned the forum community indicated the 6100 STB doesn't support all the features of 1.9, rep says they haven't gotten any notification of this.

6xxx DVR/STB's don't support the HD version of the guides.  If ever FIOS starts using Mpeg-4 it doesn't support that.  The 6xxx DVR does not support eSata and so no external hard drive can be added.

It also tends to be slower when running 1.9.

0 Likes
MarylandFiOSFan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well after 2 hours on the phone tech support finally said he found out the 6100 doesn't support the 3d option but he feels the 90 minute channel guide is OK. Pressed the issue several times about why does the 7100 show 2 1/2 hours and the 6100 only 1 1/2 hours. And still no reference or notification regarding compatibility issues with the 6100.

His answer "not sure but it seems to be working per directions". Offered to transfer me to Billing to arrange for a replacement STB but told me since he can't find anything wrong there will be a charge. And then he cheerifully recapped "my experience". I hung up when Billing answered - doesn't seem like I should have to pay for an 'upgrade" STB when the new IMG is the cause of the problem.

I love the actual FiOS service - the picture is far superior to my previous Comcast experience. But the customer support is ligh years behind what it should be.

I see another call in the future - this time the STB "might" be unplugged when they try to trouble shoot. Maybe that will get a STB shipped out - will have to figure out how to specify a 7100.

0 Likes
MDFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmm, got a PM and a phone call from tech support escalation as a result of a post on the IMG 1.9 blog. Seems the rep I just spoke to says there is an issue with IMG 1.9 and the 6100 STB and she's not sure why the other support contact said there would be a charge to swap the STB.

She's sending a 7100 - at no charge - out on Monday. Smiley Very Happy

Special thanks to Justin who magically got the escalation person to contact me.

0 Likes