Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

New Channel guide not on all TV set boxes

teegrooving1
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

New Channel guide not on all TV set boxes

Message 1 of 3
(457 Views)

I noticed that I have the new channel guide on my setbox QIP 6200 but I still have the old guide on my three QIP 2500. Anyone experience a similiar problem? I am in Maryland.

2 REPLIES 2
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New Channel guide not on all TV set boxes

Message 2 of 3
(456 Views)

@teegrooving1 wrote:

I noticed that I have the new channel guide on my setbox QIP 6200 but I still have the old guide on my three QIP 2500. Anyone experience a similiar problem? I am in Maryland.

If your 2500 boxes are -1 or -2 models, then as I understand it they won't get 1.9 because they don't even have the necessary hardware capacity for it. If they are -3 models, then they should have gotten 1.9 but they would be very slow from what I have heard. (I replaced my 2500-1 box and 2500-3 box with HD boxes before I received 1.9 so I have no personal experience here, I am just telling you what I have been told)

You should be able to tell what model they are by looking at the model number on the front of the STB.

Keller, TX 76248

MDFiOS
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: New Channel guide not on all TV set boxes

Message 3 of 3
(411 Views)

You'll see an even better channel guide if you get Vz to replace the 6100 STB with a 7100. Call tech support and work your way through to a real person. I just got off the phine with Tonya who said they are aware the 6100's have some issues with IMG 1.9 and agreed to ship a replacement 7100 - at no charge.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.