New Customer: Installer Destroyed DVD
Ibutterfly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Help, folks...I have never had a worse installation. I used to do this for a living but physically disabled (my hands) for a few years now.

1. March 18: The installer lost one of my telephones, the one in my office. It took me over four hours to finally find it wrapped in wires behind a tower-style computer. He also left my office in shambles. He was rude.
  2. It turned out that contrary to my request to keep my phone number, Verizon issued a new phone number and I was not aware of that until four days later when a frantic friend knocked on my door. I am housebound a lot due to physical disability.
  3. Because of the phone screw-up, I could not cancel my Comcast account until March 25. Therefore, this error cost me an entire extra week with Comcast.
  4. I did call Verizon when I found that my channel request had been ignored. Bad job all the way around.
  5. The initial salesperson said I would not be billed until April 23. Then I had a bill due April 15.
  6. Lastly but not least, when I said to the installer to please not disrupt any of my components attached to my home theatre, he assured me that he would not. However, after he left, my DVD player-writer (Panasonic) stopped functioning. I have made two long phone calls the past 8 days with assurances that this error would be corrected in person.

I just checked the trouble ticket, and it says there are no open trouble tickets!!!

7. Both technicians over past week said that there was no way that the installer could have installed the Verizon set-top box without disrupting the DVD player. They both said that they would get a technician on site and that I would be credited for that visit. They both said they would confirm with me by phone within 24-48 hours. I never heard from either of them.
  8. June 3: Third attempt over the phone: This rep was very abrupt and rude—he said it was not Verizon’s equipment. I had to explain AGAIN that Verizon’s installer had done something wrong because my component was fine until the Verizon installation. He then said he could get a technician out Friday afternoon. June 6.

Anyone know who to contact at Corporate? Over two  months of Verizon hell makes me wonder why I switched from Comcast.
0 Likes
Re: New Customer: Installer Destroyed DVD
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ibutterfly,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: New Customer: Installer Destroyed DVD
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Ibutterfly, 
Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your private support case. Please feel free to create a new post, if you still require additional assistance. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes