New Enhanced DVR
ChiefBob1

In this months issue of the Verizon Spot Light magazine there is a two page advertisement about the “New Enhanced DVR” that you can up-grade to, and basically stated that all you have to do was call 866-494-2825. So I did, and all that happened was that I was up-graded to the new Ultimate TV package. Then she told me that I needed to call a 1-888-553-1555 set the installation of the new DVR. Again I did.; BUT I was told that a technician would come out to bring me a new DVR – BUT they could not promise me it would be the new enhanced DVR. So at that point I stopped and decided to go the Verizon store that had a FiOS office and asked them for help. The guy there was very helpful and said that he had a “New” one and it was everything that anyone could want. He also stated that in his training that he just completed on the new products, that I would have pay a additional “One Time Fee” of $40.00, and I said for him go a head with the up grade. So he said that he would be help me to get the up grade. After making several phone calls and after several heated conversations, he turn to me and said that there was nothing that he could do for me; and I should go home and start complaining. So that is just what I am doing.

Why does the magazine say one thing but at the web site, or at the FiOS store or any of the phone numbers that I called is no one that knows what you are talking about or nothing that they Can or Will do to help you? I have been a customer of Verizon Wireless for a very lone time and now have been with Verizon Internet and FiOS for as many years as it's been my neighborhood ( 2 +) years.

Can anyone help ????

0 Likes
Re: New Enhanced DVR
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I haven't read that article, but what is succesful for most people, is that you have to sign up online.   so go to www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral -> My TV -> Set Top Box -> bottom right banner ad about ur DVR > Click and fill in the info to be placed on the waiting list.        Users here, have put their name on, and then been contacted within the week to finalize the upgrade, and then its overnight shipping of the new cable box.    

So I can't ssay why they don't have a good process down, it sounds like you jumped through a lot of hoops, but hopefully the above info helps.      a lot of people really like the new DVR - so you should be pretty happy with the upgrade when you get it. 

0 Likes
ChiefBob1

Thank you for your help!!  I don't know you know all this - It's sure that none of the employees do.

0 Likes
biged817
Enthusiast - Level 1

i will tell u and anyone who will listen, verizon fios is great, but be warned, i just hope u never have an issue, because the customer service has to be the ABSOLUTE WORST of any company i have ever dealt with. DOWNRIGHT DISGUSTING THAT A COMPANY THIS BIG WOULD HAVE A BUNCH OF EMPLOYEES THAT LEAD U IN CIRCLES WHEN IT COMES TO ANSWERING A QUESTION, IF IT WERENT FOR THE NFL REDZONE ID BE GONE