Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

New FIOS Customer Having Trouble with DVR skipping/pausing

Contributor
Contributor

New FIOS Customer Having Trouble with DVR skipping/pausing

Message 1 of 2
(1,434 Views)

After 10 years of being with Directv, I switched to FIOS and had installed yesterday.  The picture quality is great as is the number of channels I get.  However, I am underwhelmed by the DVR and the Remote Control.  Pre-recorded shows skip and pause whenever you are trying to watch them.  If you try to rewind a show your are watching "live". It does the same thing.  The remote has a longer than expected pause when opening the guide, getting info, etc.  I NEVER had these issues with Directv and am now wondering if I made the right choice...perhaps there is a fix I am unaware of.....in addition, the TV Caller ID feature does not work despite having it on my phones....very frustrating!  Any help is appreciated~~

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: New FIOS Customer Having Trouble with DVR skipping/pausing

Message 2 of 2
(1,429 Views)
Which model dvr did you get? I had directv for a number of years and im thoroughly enjoying my fios. There was a bit of adjustment on some features but once we got passed them it was smooth sailing.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.