New FIOS Customer
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

We had our service started on 03-08-2012. For the first week it was okay, but we've started to have problems.

At first I noticed a delay in STB response time with the remote (VZ P265v2), then no STB response at all when buttons were depressed. This is intermittent.

Afew hours ago the Dear Wife was watching, and the STB display clock said 11:14PM EDT when it was 11:19PM.

I have had  to reset the STB three times now all with FP6A, dec errors.

I may not be as knowledgeable or eloquent as John CF here: An Open Letter

but in his list, numbers 1, 2, 3, and 8 are dead on, and if I may add to #8 the inability to roll out patches, fixes, and updates without causing glitches or loss of service for the end user.

John CF was with Dish Network since 1997 like we were with DirecTv since 1998, back then it was USB, and Hughes.

I have re-set my Verizon STB the same amount of times in the last 12Days, that I had In fourteen years with DirecTv.

If anyone needs numbers from the ONT, STB or Internet router I will be glad to get them.

Re: New FIOS Customer
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the service. We would like to help with the box. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

This has got to be the most convoluted Forum I have ever had the honor to be associated with!

It will report posting errors, but doesn't explain them or am I supposed to be a genius?

I am too frustrated to go on, so I'm siging-off!

Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

I am just about out of patience.

I just learned from my Dear Wife that at 2:46am today 03-26-2012, that without any warning our Prime package has been cut to just the local package.

We have been having problems with our STB, and with Anthony's help were contacted by the "Enhanced Support Team".

An Installer is supposed to show sometime today as late as 9pm to swap out the STB.

Am I upset? What do you think?

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

I forgot to mention I initiated a call to your 24/7 support 888-553-1555 at 5:10am 03-26-2012.

I am still on hold at 5:38am because all of your service reps are currently assisting other customers.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Still on hold.........6:00am, 50minutes

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Had to dis-connect from Costomer Service at 6:17am,  67minutes later. cell phone battery gave out, and DW worried about our exhausting our plan minutes.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@Anak wrote:

I am just about out of patience.

I just learned from my Dear Wife that at 2:46am today 03-26-2012, that without any warning our Prime package has been cut to just the local package.

We have been having problems with our STB, and with Anthony's help were contacted by the "Enhanced Support Team".

An Installer is supposed to show sometime today as late as 9pm to swap out the STB.

Am I upset? What do you think?

Sorry for the troubles you have been having. Your package was not changed. I am sending a command to your box to update your subscriptions.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you Anthony, STB reset at 7:10am, and service was restored.

0 Likes
Anak1
Contributor - Level 1

An update with part of a PM that I sent to Anthony. All this happened after he reset our STB Sunday morning:

@Anak wrote:
I was contacted Sunday 3/25 by Customer Service to have a Service Tech stop by the house yesterday 3/26.

The Tech arrived, and after explaining my situation he took a reading on the signal strength reaching the STB.

He found the signal to be too hot (his words) meaning too strong, and that the Techs like to see the signal closer to zero (0). We had a reading of 9.
After explaining that the signal is strong to accommodate a mutitude of STB's and DVR's for an average household, and that we only had the one STB, and no DVR his solution was to install an attenuator between the cable from the ONT, and the STB.
He was willing to swap out both the STB, and RC, but I was willing to go by his experience, and follow his advice.

I noticed a distinct improvement in picture quality, and RC response between it, and the STB. My DW, and I watched shows the rest of the evening without any of the previous concerns that I had voiced earlier.

With the jury still out as to this being the solution, the Tech left his business card with his, and his Local Managers cell numbers in case I may have any future problems.

While this still won't overcome a regional loss of signal that has been recently suffered in the PA, and NY areas, it has gone a long way in making our television viewing more pleasurable.

I will also be trying a possible fix here: STB Web Reset in case this happens again. The Tech that arrived did say that it can work, but it may take more than one try.

We would like to thank Anthony, Tonya D., and ElizabethS for their time, and understanding in handling our concerns.

Sincerely,

Anak, and the Dear Wife

0 Likes