New FIOS TV app won't let me log in. Error code: 9-6-24-302-100
BmarkW

I recieved a notification last night that the FIOS mobile app was being deprecated by 1/29/2019, and i need to uninstall it, and install the new TV App.   I did that, but now it will not log me in. 

The error message is:   "Authentication failed. Error Code 9-6-24-302-100"

I checked the My FIOS app, and the FIOS web app, and was able to log in to both.   I saw a previous similar report that was resolved by the discovery that "special characters" are not allowed in the password for the FIOS TV app, but they are ok for the web app and the My FIOS app.   I changed my password to make it alphanumeric only.  This did NOT solve the problem.

I've spent over two hours on the phone with tech support, and they have no solution, or suggestions.  They also have apparently no-way of reporting the issue because "it's a different department" (sigh....).  I have no way of reporting the issue from within the app because I can't log into the app, and I can't find anyway to report it otherwise.  Tapping on the app support icon in the Apple App store sends you to the verizon.com page.

Tried uninstalling the app, restarting the iPad, ensuring the iPad was on the same IP network and subnet as the ONT/cable box. No difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Up until yesterday, I used the app frequently. Hoping someone on the app development or support team sees this!  Thanks.

FIOS TV iOS app v1.7

iPad Mini 3 LTE

iOS 12.1.1

0 Likes
Re: New FIOS TV app won't let me log in. Error code: 9-6-24-302-100
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BmarkW,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes