Switch Account

New FIOS one cable box used with 3rd party TP link router?

New FIOS one cable box used with 3rd party TP link router?

Contributor amchn
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(257 Views)

Does anyone know ifyou can use the new FIOS cable box with a non-verizon issued router? 

I have a TP link router and the Wifi works but I keep getting a "no coax connection" error 1202 on my TV.  In the diagram it looks like the verizon gateway routher has a coax plug buy my router does. 

I have the coax going into the cable box and the eternet going into the router. Please help! I cannot get anyone at Verizon to help or give me a difinitive answer on whether i need a verzion router. 

1 REPLY 1
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2
(232 Views)

If you are using your own router then you need a MoCA adapter to use FiOS TV. I have read on here that you do have to have a Verizon router for activation purposes. 

The easiest thing would be to get a Verizon router and turn off the wifi and configure your TP Link in AP mode for wireless. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.