New FiOS TV One
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

I happened to see that Verizon FiOS annonced the new TV One (looks like it will compete with the likes of Xfinity for example).

I've already ordered my hardware, looks like I'll be able to set it up in late Dec.

Anyone have any more information on it? Like what it will actually look like??

0 Likes
New Fios TV 1
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/introducing-fios-tv-one-experience-tv-its-best

this maybe just what customers need. Alas only available in certain areas right now.

read all about it at link above.

0 Likes
Re: New FiOS TV One
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here is a link to the support page with pictures. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr/fios-tv-one

BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry should have been more specific. I didn't mean pictures of the boxes themselves...

Any pictures of what the viewing experience is like? I assume it isn't just the same old UI...

Am I the first person to get one of these?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can’t say for sure but I don’t think the UI is any different than the current VMS/IP. 

The updates are the voice remote, 4k, and the clients can be wireless. I’m sure the processors in the boxes are faster as well. 

Yes you will be in the first group of people it looks like they just started offering it the other day. 

Re: New Fios TV 1
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

One note:

FIOS TV One only works wirelessly with Quantum Router (1100 and upcoming 4100) and Moca WIFI Extenders (not the ORBI).
This is because they use a hidden SSID to connect.

BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, I am hoping it will suck just a little less than the current one. But it will be nice to have the new tech.

Will report back when I get it all setup!

0 Likes
Re: New Fios TV 1
jonjones1
Legend

That is good to know. The link I provided mentions wireless. However I don’t use their tv so I just quickly glanced at the announcement.

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

did find the first review (I've seen anyway) on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-pW6Mr42h4

So, yea, UI looks pretty darn similar, appears to be faster. And more setup options.

Looks like voice recognition stinks (like the others) but maybe the Alexa integration is better...

0 Likes
PA15143
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded to the FiOS TV One equipment this past weekend, it was a simple equipment swap, make sure to export your DVR series to the cloud first so that you can import them during setup. Unfortunately you have to setup Favorite Channels on the guide from scratch.

I had one small glitch and had to call tech support to correct the port forwarding on my quantum router so that the mobile app could reach the DVR (when the device is not on the same wi-fi network).  Tech had this corrected in about 5 minutes and it is good to go. 

The user interface is the exact same one from the most recent upgraded experience.

I have the old multi-device remote and was happy that it just worked with the new equipment, no new codes were required. I have not really tried the voice remote. I don't think this remote works to control A/V system power/volume, etc. 

I know that blurbs say that the new boxes support 4K but I don't believe that FiOS has any 4K channels here in Pittsburgh, that I know of.

One question that I do have - is the box automatically 4K upscaling standard HD content?  The picture quality seems a lot better on standard broadcast and premium channels. 

I know this is really a first world complaint - but - there is no clock on the face of the units!!! I am sure it was eliminated to make the units as small as they are, but now I had to go buy a clock.