Re: New FiOS TV One
iBlaineman

I had FIOS installed yesterday and so far I really like it. As a subscriber I was happy to see a promotion that saved me money since I've been mad that all the deals have been for new subscriber. 

I didn't really get it for Netflix since I have apple TV and sure most streamers will be better than the STB. It correctly identified my TV as an LG so the remote works great. Perhaps it's me but I feel like the sound is a little better. The only thing missing is the ability to automatically change to the correct input when you hit a remote button like hitting a button on the Apple remote on inserting a bluray does which would be better than hitting input a few times or using the LG remote. 

0 Likes
Re: New Fios TV 1
Kellyontherocks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got orbi and ordered the new fios tv one today! **bleep** it!! Why would they do this? 

EmmyT36
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was so excited to get these new boxes to get Fios on a different floor of the house without having to run cables.  Placing the order was easy although I too didn't understand why I had to pay $50 if I was doing the work but I figure they make us pay for the shipping costs. The boxes arrived about 10 days earlier than expected and the self-install did not go according to the directions.  I called and the tech tried for almost an hour to get the boxes set up before deciding there had to be a network or set top box issue and scheduling a tech to come out. 

He came today and was able to quickly diagnose the problem and resolve it.  It looks terrific and the video and audio quality is good.   However, he commented on the age of my house and the fact that I have plaster walls (as opposed to sheetrock).  He said that there might be some issues with the wifi going through the house but we've had good wifi for our internet service so he thought it might be okay. Well, it's only okay.  Upstairs, when he set it up, he saw that it had some "minor pixelation" at times.  I've even had video problems with pixelating and freezing picture in the next room over from the main box.  Since I don't waaaatch tv (very often, it's mindless background noise), it's okay but you should just be mindful of environmental factors which can affect the wifi reception to the Fios TV One boxes.

mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just upgraded my boxes to FiOS TV One.  On my 4K LG TV I noticed by default the box set video resolution to 2160 and it does look pretty good, as others have noted, so I guess it is upscaling.  But I have also noticed some slight intermittent audio sync issues on this 4K TV.  No issue on my other TV's.  The sync issues so far are slight and intermittent.  I never had this issue before with this LG TV and my Vizio sound bar and my prior DVR (the older version before VMS).  I am thinking the upscaled video maybe cannot keep up with the audio.  Both the TV and the sound bar have Audio Delay settings.  I tried both but the sync issues still occur.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea on how to resolve?  As a test I will try bringing the resolution down to 1080 to see if it helps, but after viewing the 2160 video, I really don't want to drop back down to a lower resolution.

renpar61

any update on availability in MD (DC metro area)?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is available in all areas now.

Costa1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone who's migrated to TV One comment on the migration of the DVR recordings from the old VMS1100 to the new DVR?  Could you move recorded programs from the old to new or is it just like the prior DVR migration, 'so sorry, those recordings are gone'?

Thanks!

0 Likes
BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, the recording on the physical device and there is not any mechanism for moving them off that device.

The good news is that a lot of content is available for streaming so you should be able to find (though perhaps not as easily) what you need.

0 Likes
danivanov
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ugh, just when I upgrade to the netflix boxes (the one with 1 server, and 3 tuners) this new Fios ONE product comes out. 

Is it worth getting?

Are there any 4k channels out?

Lastly, will it use internet bandwidth?

Edit: Anyone know if it will cost more than current setup? (4 rooms total, multi dvr)

And will fios now only be updating this stb and not the old netflix multiroom boxes?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@danivanov wrote:

Ugh, just when I upgrade to the netflix boxes (the one with 1 server, and 3 tuners) this new Fios ONE product comes out. 

Is it worth getting?

Are there any 4k channels out?

Lastly, will it use internet bandwidth?

Edit: Anyone know if it will cost more than current setup? (4 rooms total, multi dvr)

And will fios now only be updating this stb and not the old netflix multiroom boxes?

No there are not any 4k channels and no they don’t use internet bandwidth. Cost is the same but some on here say there is a $50 upgrade charge. Yes older boxes do still get updates. 

Whether you think it is worth getting is up to you. They work exactly the same as your setup now. The main upgrades are 4k, voice remote, and the small boxes have wifi capability. They also have better processors so alot faster.