Re: New FiOS TV One
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you aren't using an AVR, then go TV to sound bar with optical so TV controls volume of soundbar. The other way, the box has to control the volume, which isn't the best way to go.

Tearuup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

0 Likes
Zeff

Moved to a townhouse complex and got FiOS One installed.  So far, so good.  Only things that I have had an issue with:

How do you get to the Encore/Starz channels with the voice?

Have an issue of turning off the Samsung TVs.  They turn off, then turn on. Sometimes, they will be off for about 5 minutes and then turn themselves back on.  Current theory is that maybe some interference is going on or someone has another Samsung TV and I am inadvertantly turning off his/her TV as well and they are then turning theirs back on and turning mine on at the same time... That would be interesting... Has anyone had this issue?

0 Likes
mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3

For tuning to channels by voice, I have found that for best accuracy, precede your command with "tune to". Try "tune to Starz" instead of just "Starz".  For the remote/ Samsung issue, I have not seen that particular issue but at the beginning I did have intermittent accuracy issues controlling some TVs and there is a way to manually setup the TVs and audio devices as opposed to the default of auto programming. I have 4 different brands of TVs and this was the way to go for all of them.

0 Likes
hk211
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just moved to Fios from Cox and have two DVR's with 4 clients.  3 of the clients (mini's?) are coax and one wifi.  Somehow the wifi mini lost connection.  I can run coax to the box and it works fine but I'd like to get it back on wifi.  Anyone know the steps or could point me to online directions?   I'll call Tech support but I'd like to troubleshoot it first myself.  Also, anyone know how to move a client (mini) from one DVR to another?  I'd like to do that as well.  Thanks all.  

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your Samsung TV have bluetooth enabled? I'd try turning that off and see what happens. The Fios One remote uses both bluetooth and IR so it should still work.

mitch0531
Enthusiast - Level 3

Click menu. Then Settings, System, FiOS tv one mini settings. Everything should be in there.  I think Switch Connections will let you move to another DVR. WiFi connection is where you can configure wifi for the mini. If you have trouble you may have to select Disconnect This Device first.

0 Likes
hk211
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Mitch053, I'll give that a try.  

0 Likes
Chipper14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. The PQ is much better on 4K tv. It even appears to be a little better on older LG TV. Previously had good PQ but both definitely improved. Only installed 3 days and was quick and easy. Only problem was pairing the main vms4100 with the new voice remote on the LG 4K TV. 

However the older vms1100 remote works fine with the new TV One (minus voice control). Fios support has been very cooperative working on issue. Looks like I might have a defective remote and being replaced.

0 Likes
salazare
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all. Thanks to everyone posting the info. This discussion has be very useful.

Does anyone use a universal IR remote control with these new boxes? Or can confirm that the old IR remotes on the STB/DVRs work with the IR sensor on the One boxes?

I have a fairly advanced setup. I run my own router and have the wifi on the fios router disabled. I also have two units (DVR + STB) in a central closet in the house that I control with URC RF remote controls and IR emitters at the boxes.

So, my plan was simply to swap the existing boxes with the new ones and use the existing Ethernet and Coax (I assume I still need both) to get the uplink to FIOS, HDMI to my matrix switcher next to them, and the IR emitters to continue to use my own remotes.

Anyone see a problem with that?

Thanks

Ernie

0 Likes