New Fios Customer and Extremely Disappointed

New Fios Customer and Extremely Disappointed

Highlighted
Contributor kmd
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(516 Views)

Hello,

I just signed on to Verizon Fios because I've heard great things, however I've been extremely disappointed in what I've experienced so far.  

My set up for installation was Sat 1/4 between 9am-12pm.  The installer showed up late, at 12:10pm.  It then took him until 3:45pm to complete the installation- over 3.5 hours!  I have no idea why it took so long for him to come in, set me up with a dvr box and internet.  I was previously with Optimum and they were in and out with installation in 30 minutes AND they arrived within their window.   My entire morning and afternoon was gone because I had to wait around all morning because I thought he would show up before noon, and then I'm not really sure why it took him ALL afternoon to set up.

On Sun 1/5 as I was watching tv the screen went black.  It was on mute and all of a sudden it just shut off.  So I then spent over 2 hours on the phone first with an automated lady and then two different techs trying to fix the issue, which they concluded that I need a new set top box.  The earliest time they could give me is Wed 1/8 between 8am-8pm.  

This service window of 12 hours is absolutely beyond ridiculous!!  I have never heard of a 12 hour window before for anything!  Whenever I had an issue with Optimum, they were there the next day before 10am.  

I cannot take an entire day off from work to sit around my apartment waiting for a guy who will probably show up at 8:10pm.  (And I do not have family or friends nearby who can take the day to sit in my apartment for me in case the guy shows up between 8a-8p)  And it's crazy that I was just set up with cable/internet on late afternnon Sat, and within 24 hours cable's not working- and now I have to wait 3 days before anyone can come fix this??

I need my service window to be Wed 1/8 between 6:30pm - 8pm.  I'm ready to leave and go back to Optimum.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Contributor jakesteele25
Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(408 Views)

I know what you mean. I am also a new fios customer after newly 8 years with optimum. I am beyond disappointed and quite furious! The tech guys that installed my fios on 1/4/14 took 4+ hours and admitted that they are not familiar with fios all that well even though they have been working with Verizon for years. The picture quality is sub-par to optimum, I don't know if something went wrong with the installation, but I am left with extremely blurry SD channels and  slightly pixelated HD channels. If you can called that HD! I have had Tech support come over and they gave me all the excuses on under the sun and even insinuated that I am seeing things. Its really frustrating that I haven't been able to find a tech that is knowledgeable enough to fix this issue. 

Alas a customer service rep told me to give them another chance and that he will send an experience tech to my house on Monday 1/13/14 between 9-12am. If this tech person give me any excuse short from actually checking the splitter outside my door or  switching the wires, I am going back to optimum! Fios has been a complete nightmare to say the least and I hope both our issues get fix soon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.